Lord Levy arrested-New charge!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by spike7451, Jan 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Just breaking on Sky News.
    In connection with the cash for Honours arrests,He's been arrested for the offence of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice and also in connection with the cash for honours inquiry.The is also talk of a second e-mail within Downing street containing damning evidence.He has been bailed pending further inquiries.
    No link as yet.

2. Phwoar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you slag your goin dahnnnnnn!!!!

And so is Bliar

3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

4. Send your support;
    Check the "Do Something Positive About Bliar" thread in the Inteligence cell.
    Levy is Bliar's servant, the net is closing.

5. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Like this quote from Sky....

Sky News Political Correspondent Jon Craig says it is "dramatic news and very bad news for Tony Blair".

Er' Tone....Need some Preperation H?
    You're ring must be twitching horribly!...(And not just from Trout Mouth & the plastic invader....)

6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

No wonder Labour want him to depart sooner rather than later. If this all goes belly up while he's still in power, they'll all get the blame. If he is dumped before he goes to jail (I am an optimist), they'll all say it was him. The Labour party could then re-write history ala 1984 to show that it was they who brought it all to light to ensre that politics was kept clean.

Is there on the statute books a crime of perverting the course of democracy?

Edited to add:

Seeing as how Mr Blair doesn't have a second email system, and there are no emails on it, is there anyone on ARRSE who would relish the chance of hacking into this nonexistant system? You would need to work out a password that doesn't exist, (with the help of the people at the link below), on an email system that doesn't exist either. Stand by, standby, go!

Guido Fawkes Website: http://5thnovember.blogspot.com/2007/01/exclusive-non-existent-private-email.html

The None-Existing Apparation: https://www.lpnet.org.uk/

7. As one vulture said to the other vulture, patience my arrse I’m going to kill something. Oh please, let’s cut to the chase and see Blair arrested at Number 10 and carted off in handcuffs to be charged.

I know, I know, I do agree that I would not want to see anything impede the Police on their steady, painstaking search for indelible evidence, they’re building a case against Blair piece by piece, or at least I hope that this proves to be the case.

I wonder if he’s beginning to panic yet as the noose steadfastly and slowly tightens around his scrawny neck? I hope that he suffers the anxiety so deserving to someone who’s beginning to reap what he has sown!

But the cancer that Blair typifies has eaten right through the Labour stable and stock, even with Blair gone we’re still likely to witness more of the same malignancy that passes for policy from his successor surely.

It would be in the National Interest to see this enquiry expose the rancid nature of these abusers of political power as complicit in Blair’s treachery of this Country and it’s electorate rendering them unfit for office.

But Campbell better get his damned finger out, so far he’s done little to reassure me that he possesses the statesman like qualities necessary to right the damage done to the state and its vital institutions – Maggie Thatcher he isn’t, except maybe for the handbag!

I would like to hear what Campbell will do to restore or overhaul the vital interests such as the Armed Forces – especially with an outbreak of gastric flu amongst soldiers in two locations in sub standard accommodation.

Immigration and border controls, asylum seekers and those that abuse our nations generosity and values.

The Judiciary, Courts, sentencing policies, prisons and policing.

The NHS and Ambulance services riddled with paralysis through targets and politically motivated agendas.

Education, with some poor quality teachers and teaching standards, decaying school fabric and a distinct lack of discipline and collective responsibility.

Oh yes, nearly forgot a pet hate, the relocation of speed cameras where they would be more popularly accepted by the majority, relocate them at junctions and traffic lights to catch those that genuinely put lives at risk like jumping red lights, they could even double the fine as far as I’m concerned.

How typical and how absurd that with this cash scheme, money grabbing bunch in power that we now have camera partnerships sighting even more expensive spy cameras hidden behind speed road signs in locations where speed cameras have been sabotaged before replacing the Gatso cameras.

The rot has set in deeply and for this administration it really is time to go and for God’s sake, please go now before more irreversible damage is done!

8. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

What has Campbell got to do with it; another liar?

The ENTIRE party is responsible for the corruption - the leaders should be put in prison (IMHO) and the party removed from power by the head of state so that fresh elections can be called.

I for one do not wish to see Brown continue Blairs' legacy. Because of Brown, basic (gross) squaddie pay is less than that of the traffic wardens that this government is so proud of.

9. Non violent crime so will he go to jail if convicted? Community service instead perhaps?

10. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah x 100 etc etc.

It is about time the sh1t flowed back toward No 10.

Odds on someone in Downing Street getting lifted must have significantly shortened. I can't wait :twisted:

11. in_the_cheapseats

12. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Oh gawd NO! That is why this whole overcrowding thing is being put on the media grid. They didn't build any more prisons just in case they got arrested for abuse of power.

Mind you - if they get community service, get your boots on lad for some accessible and open government . . . :threaten:

13. in_the_cheapseats

No, bizarrely Perverting the course of justice is regarded as a biggy and probably would mean a jail sentence. Seem to remember 2 yr being the max term from various discussions with rabble I have had to deal with in the past.

Saying that, I'd love to see him sweeping the streets.

14. Archer and Atkins had to go to jail why should he be any different? more so that he's in the position he's in a timely reminder to MP's that they regardless of what they think they are not above the law. Lets hope his and those who bought their peerage under this are stripped of it