Lord Howell of Guildford speaks

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by TheIronDuke, Jul 30, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

He's a fracking disgrace!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Guildford, FFS. Tells you all you need to know.
  4. During my time down south I noticed the guildford "countryside" is nothing but a bunch of well manicured fields so people can pretend they live in rural areas.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using ARRSE mobile app
    • Like Like x 1
  5. So are people now arguing that the north of England is now densely populated?

Next people will be saying that the jobs and economic boost in that area aren't really needed.
  6. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Well, he has said he is sorry. So that's all right then.

Here is a picture of Lord Howell.

Lord Howell who is frankly, a four-eyed fucking wanker.jpg
  7. Well manicured and hopefully well protected - we don't let just anyone onto our green and pleasant lands.

Back to your slag heaps and silicosis...
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Ahh so you have been to Old Orleans on a Saturday night!
    • Like Like x 2
  9. No, but I've seen a documentary series called 'When the Boat Comes in'. With the subtitles on of course.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. In a way, he is right, given that 80% of the country's wealth is generated in London and the South East and that swathes of the North are close to economic, if not physical, desolation. If there is to be large scale investment in the exploitation of shale gas, there are sound economic reasons for focussing in the North, provided that the reserves are commercially viable.

He could have choses his words better, but the point remains sound; invest the economic stimulus is most needed and where the risks and disruption will have least effect on the existing economy. But, of course, he is a Troy toff and Osborne's father-in-law, so he is bound to get a bashing.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Let them frack away and when the next drought comes pipe some lovely methane and formaldehyde laced water from the water wells near the mining sites.
    If they let them frack it will cause health problems as they cant control the chemicals they use to force the gas up from deep down and it seeps into the water table and the added bonus of natural methane being released in the water supply also.
    IDS if still in his job will have a heart attack at the amount of claims that will have to be processed.
    They have the same problem in the states but the government there just don't give a **** and its the way there system works. Over here they will have problems when the first signs of people beimg effected happens.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  12. I suspect the main reason folk want to do fracking in the North is because that's where all the shale or whatever is actually located. Just saying.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Could just burn Northerners to keep warm, they may at least prove useful.
    Lot's of chips on shoulders so there should be some extra fat. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  14. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

I think that, as mentioned earlier, fracking will occur where there is something to be fracked. Otherwise, it makes perfect sense to blight land that's cheap rather than land that's expensive - it will presumably mean cheaper fuel as a result?

Wider on the fracking front - the Arabs are getting pretty worried about it, thinking that possibly Uncle Sam may not be so concerned about the Gulf if they don't need what goes through it - and while that can only be a Good Thing in general, it will leave the RN to take up a lot of slack.
  15. If someone drilled a fracking well in my primary school field (in the north east, not the NW however), I'd be more than happy to welcome it. It'd bring jobs and prosperity to the local economy, and lift the grand old town of Scunthorpe back to its rightful place as the industrial heart of the Humber region.
    • Like Like x 4