Loos Arrse Tour 14-17 October

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by oldbaldy, Jun 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

I have now sorted things for the next Arrse WW1 Battlefield Tour.
    The tour will, again, be lead by Flyingmonkey and he will give a detailed itinerary shortly.
    We will again be based at Snowden House In Lougueval, for those who have not been before an ideal location & venue for a group such as ours.
    Snowden House - www.snowdenhouse.co.uk - Home
    The outline itinerary is:
    Saturday: a walk around the Bullecourt battlefields, plus Loos and Givenchy , then on Saturday evening FM will give a talk on the La Boisselle tunnels project.
    Sunday: Morning a visit to Peronne & view the the life size model of the Livens Large Gallery Flame Projector.
    Breathing Fire. Le dragon de la Somme - Future Exhibitions - Exhibitions - Official site of Historial
    Afternoon, a walk in the La Boisselle area, looking at the current tunnel dig.
    BBC News - WWI underground: Unearthing the hidden tunnel war

Cost is £85 for the 3 nights accommodation & a rather dashing short sleeved rugby jersey. Local cost will be collected in Euros at the house (this normally works out at about 50/60)
    For those wishing to attend, PM me & I'll give you payment details, which can either be by cheque or BACS.
    I'll also need you shirt size;
    They are:
    S 32/34
    M 36/38
    L 40/42
    XL 44/46
    XXL 48

Names will be added to those attending when I have reveived payment:

Oldbaldy
    Mrs Baldy
    Flyingmonkey

Edit to alter itinerary.

2. I will be in touch soon, leave pass will be filled in next week!

3. OB,

The chat on Saturday night is about the La Boisselle project. More info to follow chaps.

4. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

Very interested in this weekend. Is it travel together and from where? Or is it make your own way?

5. I'm up for this one

6. A definate for this one OB, Once I am settled in my new LZ I will pay up, PS cheers for the shirts from the last tour.....

7. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

It's make your own way. There will be various people sorting out lifts as the names come out.

8. I thought it was a tour of the toilets, silly me

9. Are we going down the tunnels if so will hard hats and torches be required again.

10. If so, will you please remember sandals and clay do not mix.

11. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

Cheers OB. Thanks for the info. Expect a pm soon when I find out Mrs W_C schedule for October. It's either her or the mistress.

12. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

I have now sorted things for the next Arrse WW1 Battlefield Tour.
    The tour will, again, be lead by Flyingmonkey and he will give a detailed itinerary shortly.
    We will again be based at Snowden House In Lougueval, for those who have not been before an ideal location & venue for a group such as ours.
    Snowden House - www.snowdenhouse.co.uk - Home
    The outline itinerary is:
    Saturday: a walk around the Bullecourt battlefields, plus Loos and Givenchy , then on Saturday evening FM will give a talk on the La Boisselle tunnels project.
    Sunday: Morning a visit to Peronne & view the the life size model of the Livens Large Gallery Flame Projector.
    Breathing Fire. Le dragon de la Somme - Future Exhibitions - Exhibitions - Official site of Historial
    Afternoon, a walk in the La Boisselle area, looking at the current tunnel dig.
    BBC News - WWI underground: Unearthing the hidden tunnel war

Cost is £85 for the 3 nights accommodation & a rather dashing short sleeved rugby jersey. Local cost will be collected in Euros at the house (this normally works out at about 50/60)
    For those wishing to attend, PM me & I'll give you payment details, which can either be by cheque or BACS.
    I'll also need you shirt size;
    They are:
    S 32/34
    M 36/38
    L 40/42
    XL 44/46
    XXL 48

Names will be added to those attending when I have reveived payment:

Oldbaldy
    Mrs Baldy
    Flyingmonkey
    Guzzler

13. Count me in OB

14. Got your pm cheers

15. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Definitely interested but transport would be my issue, would be able to go if a lift available from Gatwick and back (or somewhere I can get to Gatwick and back from!)