Loomis employee bags himself a big bonus!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Frogslegs, Nov 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Happened on Thursday, guy's still free & long gone IMHO!
    Smart man... 8)
    Sky News

Is this close to the perfect crime? Worst he can get is 3 years... :wink:

Apologies if already reported but nothing turned up in my search.
  2. Knock, Knock....... "AH, bonjour Tone. 3 months B&B with full English? £20,000, you say?

That'll do nicely. I'll just draw the curtains."
  3. Part of me wishes him the best of luck. Such a pity he didn't steal the money from the BNP though!
  4. As no violence was involved in the theft, Musulin risks only three years in jail if caught and charged.
    May be the crime is worth the risk?
  5. Absolutely gleaming drills. He'd obviously been planning it for some time, but nobody got hurt, no violence or guns involved. Well done, that fella!

6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Well done him. It is the perfect crime - no damage, no harm, no victims, everything's insured and no numbers are recorded.

3 years in nick? Nothing compared to spankng the money for years to come.
  7. I don't suppose he'd even be that bothered about getting caught and facing a three year stretch with £10m waiting for him when he got out; it's not like you're going to make off with that much cash and not have a good idea of how you're going to stash it. And untraceable notes too... back of the net! :clap: :clap: :clap:
  8. No victims? That was someones money. If it was insured premium may go up and/or shareholders in the insurance company lose money.
    So now its okay to steal if no-one get hurts. God bless those chavvy shop lifters who nick from Tesco.
  9. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

You mean . . . . . you mean that the BILLIONS in bank bonuses on the continent might go down by a few bob?!! 8O

You mean . . . . . you mean that someone's had it away with some of the 100 odd billion in taxpayer's money that's been loaned to the criminally incompetent banks!??!? 8O
  10. There was a similar case in Bremen, Germany around the middle of the Sixties. This geezer observed when cash was delivered to a private bank in the middle of town, got himself a uniform like the guards and bided his time. When they turned up with four million in two metal boxes, he waited until they were back in their van, strode into the bank, grabbed one of the boxes and informed the staff that "they'd" made a mistake and he'd be back with the correct box in a jiffy. Your man got clean away with two million Deutschmarks and was never caught. Nobody could properly describe him, nobody knew what car he was driving. Nothing. A perfect crime.

No matter how much the Boxheed Old Bill and gobment went on about how "serious" the crime was and how they really, really needed to catch the culprit, they couldn't raise much sympathy in the populace for their position, given that gobments and banks regularly steal everybody's cash anyway.

I doubt very much that folks are going to be able to drum up any sort of sympathy, either for the bank or the shareholders in this case. The fella did a fine job and I say very well done indeed to him (again).

11. You mean . . . . . its okay to steal so long as it from rich companies/people although I doubt it will effect the bonuses it might fractionally affect shareholders payout I suppose. Still, who cares about pension funds eh?
  12. So once again all banks are only owned by rich people? No average person has any money tied up in them?
    I rarely heard of a bank stealing people money, if you don't like their charges sod off and take your business elsewhere.
  13. Yes, banks are owned by very rich people, and average folks have no realistic alternative than to do business with them.

Banks are businesses, in it to make money and lots of it. Now where do you suppose that money comes from in the first place? Banks have been ripping folks off since they began doing business hundreds of year ago. Banks have collectively nicked more money off folks than all the bank heists of the last 100 years combined. You seem to have forgotten that it was solely the obscene greed of the banks that caused the financial crisis that still hasn't ended and will cost a lot more folks their livelihoods, their houses and maybe even their lives.

14. Well its news to me that I'm rich seeing as I have a few shares in banks as well a few policies with various companies that buy shares in banks thanks for pointing that out to me.

Didnt seem to be a shortage of "average folk" opting to turn their building societies into banks.
    So once again its OK to steal so long as you think its from rich people?

Banks have rarely nicked anything, if people are stupid enough to do accept their charges thats their problem.
  15. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Trading Standards doesn't get a look-in, and the matter of the over-charging of customers is still due to go to court, thanks to years of the banks stalling the matter - but thanks to class actions, it WILL get to court.

People being stupid enough to do business with rogue companies was why Trading Standards and various other 'watchdogs' were created - otherwise it's a free-for-all for all the cnuts out there, including the banks.

Hell, why not cancel any obligations under warrantees, guarantees, the Distance Selling Act, the Consumer Credit Act etc etc etc.

Let's make it ALL 'Let the Buyer Beware'! Got your drive done by a pikey? Tough. Rogue builder fcuked you over? Tough, you're too stupid etc etc etc.