Looks like a sad ending

Terribly sad for the family, but given her condition and the length of time, it was never likely to end well. At least, assuming positive ID of the body, it will not turn into another Maddie.

Quite..to both.
I cannot begin to imagine how the parents feel.
I will never forget, at a classic car show in 1990 when I took my then 2 years old out for the day. He was car daft then, still is. He always stuck to us like glue outside, but this day as I was waiting in a short Q for icecream, with him creating a dent in the back of my legs as normal, he went AWOL. I turned to give an absent infant a cone.
It took an hour, with the assistance of all the show car owners & Police to find him...fast asleep in the rear of a stunning vintage leather-bound Lanchester.

I also recall throwing up with utter fear behind bushes.
To have a child go AWOL then have that child found decomposing in a foreign jungle is on another level of life-long daily living Hell. My Hell lasted an afternoon.

Awol

LE
When my son was a toddler the wife and I went to do our weekly shop in one of the mega Tescos.

About ten minutes in, we decided to split up, wife to do the shoppy stuff and me to browse the electronics etc. After five minutes we bumped into each other again.... And realised with a stomach emptying panic that little H wasn't with either of us. Both of us had assumed that he was with the other. Never assume.

I raced to the front of the store and literally barged to the head of a queue, and blurted out that I had lost my son. They were absolutely excellent.... Within seconds the lady was on the radio with a description of H, clothes and everything, and within seconds a reply came back saying he was safe by the front door. It turned out that he had followed his mum for a few seconds, then been distracted by something shiny, had failed to find mum again and was on his way out the door into the car park (!) when he was thankfully intercepted by a staff member who's only job, and this really impressed me, was to stay by the door to stop errant kids leaving.

We were both in tears of relief and felt as guilty as hell, but the staff brushed it off, saying it happened everyday.

God bless Tesco that day.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Quite..to both.
I cannot begin to imagine how the parents feel.
I will never forget, at a classic car show in 1990 when I took my then 2 years old out for the day. He was car daft then, still is. He always stuck to us like glue outside, but this day as I was waiting in a short Q for icecream, with him creating a dent in the back of my legs as normal, he went AWOL. I turned to give an absent infant a cone.
It took an hour, with the assistance of all the show car owners & Police to find him...fast asleep in the rear of a stunning vintage leather-bound Lanchester.

I also recall throwing up with utter fear behind bushes.
To have a child go AWOL then have that child found decomposing in a foreign jungle is on another level of life-long daily living Hell. My Hell lasted an afternoon.
I've been into details often enough here. Ritchie Lee, father of Katrice , was and is a friend. She went missing while I was on Pads protection patrol. It never goes away.

Terrible for the parents, commiserations.

Have also experienced the awful feeling of sudden disappearance when our eldest was two and a half and we were in Peter Jones looking at a table cloth. The stand was just by one of the entrances leading out into the King’s Road with a steady flow of people going in and out.

My wife instantly began looking in the store while I dashed out to the street, where I found him just outside. Seems that a lady going out the door with a dress similar to my wife’s had suddenly found herself with a small child, who having realised it wasn’t his mum had begun doing a siren imitation.

Not sure who was more relieved, me the woman, or my bewildered son, but a terrifying situation that had happened in only seconds of inattention.

Worst kind of ending unfortunately. Now being treated as a crime.
I think the worst kind of ending would have been continued missing, therefore no ending.

Awful news, but my heart sank on day one of this story when it became obvious how reliant the poor lass was on her parents.
RIP and thoughts to the parents and family.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Yep, horrible.

In regards to kids wandering off, I've taught mine two important lessons - who's allowed to touch them on their privates and why (toilet time only) and what to do if they get lost and can't find us.

In both instances, the answer is to scream and yell like a ******* banshee. In scenario one of being tampered with, the culprit should hopefully run away and in scenario two of being lost, one of us should come running.

Very sad, lets hope she did not suffer.
And if it becomes a crime lets hope they hang.

Confirmation of ID. Commiserations to the family.

'A body found beside a stream in Malaysia has been confirmed as that of London teenager Nora Quoirin, who went missing from a resort on August 4. The 15-year-old was identified on Tuesday, hours after her body was discovered following a large-scale search operation.'

Yep, horrible.

In regards to kids wandering off, I've taught mine two important lessons - who's allowed to touch them on their privates and why (toilet time only) and what to do if they get lost and can't find us.

In both instances, the answer is to scream and yell like a ******* banshee. In scenario one of being tampered with, the culprit should hopefully run away and in scenario two of being lost, one of us should come running.

Pet hate of mine is parents pointing to guards in shops or Police anywhere and telling kids if you don't behave "The man will get you and lock you up/take you away ".
I have posted elsewhere of a kid lost instore and mum going nuts, spots kid near door who when approached by myself and colleagues logged it out onto carpark and was hit by a car thankfully it was stopping so he bounced off.
That kid screamed blue murder at the people trying to help.
Parents should be licensed and fućking tested

Pisseduppardre

Old-Salt
May she rest in peace and rise in glory.
Very upsetting for all involved. I am glad she has been found although it seemed inevitable that as time passed it was not going to end well.

The Son and Heir went through a phase of running off when he was about 5. Nothing comes close to the horrendous feeling of dread when turning around and finding your offspring missing.

I don't think that I can add anything more to what has already been said above.

Terrible news, though with the time that elapsed, it was probably an inevitable outcome. All I hope is that this is a case of wandering off and getting into difficulty, not that of foul play by a third party. She appears to have been 'innocent' of the cruel ways of the world, I hope that wasn't tainted in her final moments.

Last edited:
All I hope is that this is a case of wandering off and getting into difficulty, not that of foul play by a third party.
Appears to have been it.

'A vulnerable teen who disappeared from a Malaysian rainforest resort died from internal bleeding due to starvation and stress, and there is no suspicion of foul play, police said.

'State police chief Mohamad Mat Yusop told reporters Nora Quoirin died from “gastrointestinal bleeding” and she had suffered “extreme stress” and “hunger”. “For the time being, there is no suspicion of foul play,” he told reporters after a post-mortem examination. She is believed to have died two to three days after disappearing, he said.'

Latest Threads