Looks good to me

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by OldRedCap, Nov 12, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just 120,000 rounds per minute of pulverizing power

Fecking hell :shock:

2. Umm?..
    Why does it look like the Starship Enterprise?

and, if it fires in 360 degrees won't it hit the guy pulling the trigger, too? shooting 'round corners?

mini-golf balls as ammo, that's sweet...DREAD..is that in honour of Judge Dread?.. [ kind of think he would have approved of this little number ]..

3. Two questions the article didn't answer:

How accurate is it?
    Whats its range?

4. And what lucky ****** will get to fill the 50,000 round magazines? Imagine doing the mag filling on the WHT with that?

5. Sorry looks like someones idea of a practical joke or a designers daydream to me , can hardly see it coming in before next century

6. fire only aimed shots.
    Fire no more rounds than neccessay,
    and make sure you take reasonable precautions not to injure anyone other than you target.

Not sure if that weapon can follow our normal R.O.E.

7. got to agree with rocketeer, it does look like the starship enteprise. Beem/blow me up scotty. if it ever does pass the testing phase and reach platoon/company level, bagsie first go!!

Can just imagine the scene.

Enemy front, 200m, rapid fire..................................target down at 200m front, 1 O'clock, 2 O'clock, 3 O'clock, etc!!

8. No recoil? Newton's going to be pi$$ed off that his 3rd Law doesn't apply any more.

No moving parts? An interesting concept for a centrifuge!

As the bullets (ball bearings) will be ejected from a centrifuge, presumably they will gain a sideways spin. Resulting in 120,000 banana shots per minute. Must have a computerised sighting system to allow for the horizontal (as well as vertical) flight curve.

I can see this weapon (in automatic or remote controlled mode) being classified as a mine, and therefore being banned.

9. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

You almost got it right JBM - not so much of who will fill the 50K magazines but who will carry them?

10. It's an American weapon...
    :lol:

11. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Ah, Friendly Fire only :roll: