Looking to spend my credits.. any ideas?

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT
I'm hoping to use mine for Level 5 Award in Education & Training (the new version of DTLLS)

I guess a large part of it depends on your skill set and where you're leaning towards - if you're not already in another promising career.

Mine is mainly because teaching is my career these days - albeit beefy Attack Helicopters with lots of explosive ordnance and willy-waving going on. None of that PC, gender equal, needs of the learners, celebrating everything bar Xmas lark here.

But it's a "nice to have" in case it all moves on and I end up in some run-down 6th form teaching little b**tards physics and maths and being the subject of endless graffiti on the bog walls.

Remember @MrBane there's only 5 years to use them up these days - sneaky buggers eh?

Many degree / Masters courses will let you split the fee over two or three years. My ELCs paid for more than half an MBA (2 x £2k). (although I started that in 2008, so it probably costs about £57,000,000 nowadays).

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I'm hoping to use mine for Level 5 Award in Education & Training (the new version of DTLLS)

I guess a large part of it depends on your skill set and where you're leaning towards - if you're not already in another promising career.

Mine is mainly because teaching is my career these days - albeit beefy Attack Helicopters with lots of explosive ordnance and willy-waving going on. None of that PC, gender equal, needs of the learners, celebrating everything bar Xmas lark here.

But it's a "nice to have" in case it all moves on and I end up in some run-down 6th form teaching little b**tards physics and maths and being the subject of endless graffiti on the bog walls.

Remember @MrBane there's only 5 years to use them up these days - sneaky buggers eh?
I've got my BTEC in Lifelong Learning Sector from my Regt Sigs Instructor qual, but buggered if I know what it can be used for. I'm happy in a career just now, but as I say, it's all about the freebies and maybe a cash earner on the side. I've got until 2021 to spend them, but no doubt that'll come in fast.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I'm still banging my head against a desk on this one. Anyone have any other ideas?

I'm still banging my head against a desk on this one. Anyone have any other ideas?
Why not search by location rather than course, then see what is available.

ELCsearch.PNG

Since you’re looking for something as a sideline, maybe a course in vajazzle installation would fit the bill?

If you can’t find one, how about looking for something that can give you an income wherever you are. Something that can earn cash online.

NEBOSH. I did it for resettlement 6 years ago and to be fair I found it professionally run and bizarrely, quite interesting. I'm currently working for a big US company overseas, fancied a change a few weeks ago and got myself another position on the strength of NEBOSH quals and some other shite I picked up as CQMS/RQMS.
They're throwing ridiculous amounts of money at me which is nice.
I also did PRINCE2 and I'd gladly disembowel the civvy tool who thought that load of bollocks up and the civvy whore who delivered the course.

I remember a woman doing pole dancing lessons - she became an instructor. Who cares if you pass or not, but you'll spend a couple of weeks watching women sliding up and down a chrome pole all day.

There were a few people who basically went on a golfing holiday - just with a level 3 qual at the end of it

Since you’re looking for something as a sideline, maybe a course in vajazzle installation would fit the bill?

If you can’t find one, how about looking for something that can give you an income wherever you are. Something that can earn cash online.
@bobthebuilder,
Something like running online competitions and getting backhanders from those that want to win them?
@MrBane.

The next one up in a day or two is the new Pilgrims. I figure £30 for a £199 pair of boots is reasonable.
Why when you can get “samples” from trekkit?

If you can get your hands on a mystery ranch day sack, then we are in business

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Still banging my head on this one and now running out of time.

I've looked at tons of courses and my head is mush, but it all just looks like shite. I did ask my work if they'd consider anything I qualified in and they replied with "No.", so it really is something that'll just benefit me alongside my existing career, but **** knows what.

Also, half these companies seem to have refined the art of saying a lot whilst saying nothing.

Still banging my head on this one and now running out of time.

I've looked at tons of courses and my head is mush, but it all just looks like shite. I did ask my work if they'd consider anything I qualified in and they replied with "No.", so it really is something that'll just benefit me alongside my existing career, but **** knows what.

Also, half these companies seem to have refined the art of saying a lot whilst saying nothing.
What about sports or AT? Then you can do the odd week as an instructor for extra pennies?

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
What about sports or AT? Then you can do the odd week as an instructor for extra pennies?
Yeah, had looked at that but not compatible with my home life, etc unfortunately.

An example is this mob:

Level 3 Enhanced Locksmith Qualification

Interesting at first, however the price for the Level 3 Locksmith course is the same price as loads of other firms for completely different skills - i.e, they know the max for ELC is £2k so they sit it around there, guaranteeing themselves the full whack of credits.

It also sounds a bit wishy-washy and like many firms, has lots of courses that give you nothing more than an in-house certificate that's worthless.

Woah there Cowboy. I've you've ever read any of my DIY threads, that is not for me. Otherwise there'd quickly be one less ELC provider out there. :D

Latest Threads