Looking to join TA-first steps?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by sketches_by_boz, Jan 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys,

I'm hoping to join the TA in the summer of 2010- currently working in the far east but my contract here finishes in june so will be moving back to London then.

Was wondering whether there is anything I can do in the meantime (filling forms etc) which would speed things up on return? I'd like to join as an officer so would there be anything specific I should be doing now to that end (I'm 27 and meet the academic criteria)? Sorry if this is obvious stuff but am pretty keen to get going as soon as possible when I get back.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. If you are that keen, why haven't you contacted the TA for this information? You clearly have access to the web and they would be far better based to answer your questions than a bunch of strangers on ARRSE???

I sometimes wonder at the laziness of people these days, that they want others to tell them what to do instead of getting off their ARRSEs to find out themselves from the establishment they want to join ?

3. Point taken

As it happens I had indeed contacted them online and was told to wait until I get back to Britain and then contact the regiment direct- clearly something I intended to do.

My only reason for asking on here was to see whether anyone had any experiences of such a situation, if not then no worries. Apologies if I've caused any offence, not my intention.

4. well if they told you that, what exactly did you hope to gain by asking on here?!

5. Helpful comments.
    Sketches, there is probably not much you can do with regards to commissioning, however there may well be corps/regt related things that you could get the jump on. Who are you thinking of?