Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by scottishcammy, Jun 23, 2007.
The heart of the site is the forum area, including:
Are you looking to mobilise?
You should consider arrangements that you'd have to make if you were to deploy.
Bear in mind that its rare to find people in the TA that haven't mobilised in the last few years.
I think you'll find that your Chief Constable may have something to day on this. No idea about the Scots Forces, but the Met for example have (or had?) a quota of Coppers who could be in the TA, and if that was exceeded you'd have to wait. We took a Met CID PC and a West Sussex PC on TELIC 2/3, so certainly there is no rule against it - but check with your bosses first!
Other than that, well done for sticking with it!
Have a look at 23 MI Coy in Edinburgh. A unit with good people and opportunities for some great tours aswell.
Or could I suggest giving a call to 243 pro coy RMP. Based in Livingstone, but lots of bods from all over Scotland and NI.
I spent some time with with 61 Sigs, really good bunch of guys with a busy calendar so plenty of opportunity to get stuck in.
"Looking to join TA. Any advice appreciated."
OK. Here goes:
1. Never get involved in a land war in Asia.
2. Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line.
3. Joining the TA is like making love to a beautiful woman. You phone and write to a unit for months. Then one you don't expect says yes at the first request.
4. Pass yourself off as Welsh by putting coal dust behind your fingernails and talking gibberish all the time, stopping occasionally to sing loudly, or set fire to someone else's house.
5. Avoid arguments with the missus about lifting the loo seat by simply p1ssing in the sink.
6. Always poo at work. Not only will you save money on toilet paper, but you'll also be getting paid for it.
7. Fool next door into thinking you have more stairs than them by banging your feet twice on each stair.
I've heard a lot of good things about them, know a couple of their SNCO's - they appear to be a very good unit.
The barracks? Yes, HTD it's called :] providing its over a 3 mile round trip
do something different, don't do your day job. Increase the fun side
Separate names with a comma.