Looking to interview Veterans, Ex-Servicemen (and women) and relatives of same

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by History rider, Aug 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My name is David Hiscocks. I am currently running a history and memory project based in the North of Britain which will culminate in a book. My hope is to interview veterans and relatives of veterans; and by doing so, showcase the importance of preserving their memories for future generations. So far I have had a great response, but I would really appreciate it if anyone would like to get in touch with me with any stories they have, etc.

Therefore, I am looking for anyone with a connection to any branch of the armed forces who would like their memories (military and social) preserved. If you would like to be involved please PM me, and we'll sort out contact details, etc. What I normally do is send out a simple questionnaire, before conducting a proper interview on the basis of the answers to the questionnaire.

A proportion of any profits from the book will be going to the British Legion. By getting involved you will be helping veterans today, and educating tomorrow’s generation. I look forward to hearing from anyone who is interested.

Yours sincerely

David Hiscocks

PS - I have posted this thread in two other local region forum groups on this website, as I wanted to ensure that everybody was covered. So, apologies if this seems like a duplication, it was made with the best of intentions :)