looking to buy plate carrier

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by friedpizza89, Mar 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im being deployed to astan soon and im looking for a decent plate carrier for no more than £200 or has anyone tried the new osprey assault armour and is that any good.
  2. Where is astan? Are you george bush?
  3. Helmand, why
  4. You mean Astana? That would be in Panjshir province? American AO I think.
  5. If you are a squaddy HMG will give you one of the best sets of BA going. Unless you are a bit weak and can't handle the weight., if so you need to man up. If you are not, who ever you are going with should supple you with decent armour or they will get in deep poo poo if you get hurt.

If, however you are going out with some chip-shop outfit and you need to buy your own PPA you might want a re-think.
  6. If you being deployed with the British army you will be issued everything you need.
  7. alright cheers i was just checking that it wont restrict my mobility like the old osprey did
  8. If you are going with the Taliban, then you need this

Seriously, good luck, stay safe!
  9. Didnt realise we had any folk in astana in afghan? Im sure someone can enlighten me?
  10. defo :D
  11. Only a select few.
  12. im going to helmand province i call astan cause im a bit of a monng like that
  13. You call Helmand province astana?
  14. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

As has been said on ARRSE many many times - do NOT think that you can buy better than you'll get issued - because you can't.

Also - you won't be allowed wear anything else.

Also - you will undoubtedly lose a fair chunk of credibility/body/money if hit whil wearing it - if it's not the real deal.
  15. good point ill keep my money then thanks for the help
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.