Looking for

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by ugly, Oct 14, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Light Infantry coloured (as in the same as the tie) ribbon for Panama hats. definetly a niche going unfilled there as I could flog some to the lads at the re union encouraging more old sweats out of the beer tent to watch the band, allowing me to get closer to the bar!

2. pop down to your local Sari shop - must be something thefre that will do! :wink:

3. open up an old tie and use the material :wink:

4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

There are ribbons available, Ive seen the slack jacket ones. To be honest the LI shop is pretty unfriendly as regards access. The people themselves are ok its just not online. At the reunion with scorching sun someone was selling Blazers but no one was selling hats of any description let alone reasonably priced panamas. I'd rather put the profit into the regtl fund than into some Jermyn street haberdashers. Stripping the ties is ok for bush hats for the range etc but too heavy for bow tying on a sun hat.

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Hey hey, I have a couple of metres. not what I expected frankly. They are the regy colours but more like some weird stable belt or medal ribbon than thetie. Glad I didnt chop up a tie, thats for the range hat!

Now to work out how to tie a tidy little bow tie. Unfortunately in spite of my parents efforts I was too idle to become a gentleman!