Looking for Work abroad.

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by Brit_Bulldog, Mar 26, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Afternoon all,

As Arrse has people form all walks of life I'm just looking to see if anyone is either a) working abroad or b) has information where to look.

To be honest the industry of work does not really bother me - just looking at what there is to offer. Happy to divuldge previous experience by PM if any one has any further information.

2. Does it get any more vague, possibly?
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Afghanistan & Iraq can offer "interesting" work & good money.
    Or you could do as most from those 2 countries do when they get here?
    And become a dole junkie living the high life on the social!!!
  4. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

PMing you in a mo.

..... 13:28. You have a PM
  5. There are lots of us working abroad but please tell us what skills you have. Unskilled we can get by shaking the nearest trees.
  6. i live/ work abroad as my name and avatar says, i love it and would never go back to UK, since 6 years now. One thing I found very important is to learn the language. Once your novelty has worn off the locals will only speak their tongue, its tough but an enriching experience...Find out what you want to do, make sure you have some cash and go and do it...that's about it really.
  7. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Admit it, it is only the leather shorts that keeps you there.... :)
  8. How old are you? Do you qualify for a working holiday visa?

Visa Options - Working Holiday - Visas & Immigration
  9. Sorry I know the description was pretty vague.

I'm 26, served my 4 year contract in the army then left. Have been working in the finance industry for the past 6 years for a Swiss based investment company.

I have my B, B+E, C, C+E licenses and am ICA qualified. I'm still physically fit and am open to a new challenge in any industry type.

10. Cheers ND, I'll get back to you shortly.
  11. You in Jersey now? Why don't you ask for a transfer with said Swiss company to CH, the grass really is greener here you know. The Swiss economy is forecast to grow 1% this year, not bad for a country with the worlds most overvalued currency.
  12. No i'm in Guernsey Viceroy, I've already looked at that option but my job is specific to this location and the transfer option is unavailable. Where abouts in Switzerland are you based?
  13. Lidls in Dortmund have some vacancies
    • Like Like x 2
  14. yeah sure but when you wear them you get this

i have to say "look at the norks on that" win/win