Looking for weight loss ideas?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by demetrius, Jun 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi! I am 35 years old lady and really becoming belligerent due to fast increasing weight. I made lots of efforts to reduce it but didn’t get any fruitful outcomes. I really feel uncomfortable when I come in contact with people who are slim and smart. I also want my appearance like them. Please give me some suggestions for reducing the constantly growing weight.

2. Tape worm

3. Jump on a flight to somewhere like India. Stuff your finger up random peoples arrses, lick toilets and generally be a skip rat. Stew for 24hrs, then release. Spend upwards of 48hrs loosing your guts through both means to the sewage system and the pounds will fall of you.

D and V, I wouldn't be surprised if it became a dieting fad.
    Sadly leaves your ricking in a bit of a state but thats a minor loss to loose some weight!!

4. Simple. Eat less, exercise more. Guaranteed result.

5. A Top Idea rapier. How much do we spend on stuff in order to tell us that what we already know?

Talking about what we spend, see Gillian McKeith books, helped me loose two and half stone at the the ripe old age of 38. Good luck.

6. Eat less, exercise more.

7. Some bloke down the pub last night suggested to me "Eat less, exercise more".

Does anyone have any evidence that this actually works? It doesn't seem to make any sense to me...

8. Well I tried eating more and exercising less and that worked. Mind you I got well fat.

9. *disclaimer*

May result in a mild case of death.

10. Don’t be so deprived it is really a familiar issue today. Many people are facing this problem like yours. But every problem has some solution also. Few days ago one of my friend met me and she was also facing the same problem in past but now she seems to be very happy and confident. She came across weight loss system which really helped her. I think you should try this. Hope it will help you too.

11. If you want to lose weight, just cut one of your legs off.

If what you really mean is that you want to lose fat then I would suggest memorizing these basic formulae:

1. Calories consumed > calories expended = increase in FAT
    2. Calories consumed < calories expended = decrease in FAT

There are approx 3500 calories in 1 pound of body fat. Therefore, in order to lose 1 pound of fat per week you need to create a daily deficit of 500 calories. Easy. Just eat a bit less, but over 5 small meals rather than 3 large ones (and cut out the chocolate, ginsters etc you glutton). If you jog easily for 30 mins that will probably expend about 400 calories depending on your weight and age. Do this for 7 days. You will lose at least 1 pound. If you want to lose 2 pounds/1kg per week you need to create a deficit of 7000 calories... can you see where I'm going with this?

Eat less sh*t, eat more meals (to keep the metabolism up), do some exercise.

It is so simple. There is no excuse.

12. I have a slightly different approach.

I find that the excersise-more, eat-less diet works pretty well.

Alternatively, especially given that you're called Demetrius, you could try going on hunger strike until you lose weight.

Wiki Link

PB

13. Looking for weight loss ideas?

Try in your folds.

14. The best way to lose weight is to eat less and have lots and lots of sex.

15. The ladies I know who've tried this have found that the weight loss does not come immediately. In fact, my experiments with this method have tended to result in a rapid weight gain over a period of, say, c.9 months, before any weight loss is realised. However, when it comes, the loss effect does take place within a matter of hours and can be dramatic and life changing.