Looking for someone who served with United Nations in 1991

Discussion in 'Bosnia/Former Yugoslavia (Op GRAPPLE, Op RESOLUTE)' started by Kps022000, Dec 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

I am looking for someone called John Thomas McGowan who served with the UN in Bosnia in 1995. I have a family who would desperately like to get in contact with him.

For anyone else who served around that time, the reason relates to a young boy who was accidentally ran over by a peace keeping convoy. He was treated on base if that helps jog anyone's memory.
  2. 1991? He was keen, deploying there a year before everyone else.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Sorry, 1995
  4. hmmm...17 yrs of missed CSA payments?
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. last place john was living was harlepool
  6. How many of you are looking for him ffs?????
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  7. Lets hope that it is CSA and not the family of the boy sniffing for compensation. A sad sign of the times if it is
  8. Where abouts in Bosnia was the youngster run over and which camp was he treated at? I did Bosnia 3 times in all starting with Op Grapple Apr-Oct '93.
  9. Looks as if you've only just got back.

(Check the date on the OP...)
  10. Ah yes thank you 'Harry'; I'll not forget to do that in future!
    • Like Like x 1
  11. You work for these ambulance chasers and I claim my 5 Kuna and some dodgy CD's.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Holy thread resurrection Batman!
  13. You're going to have to take it on the chin Robin, like a good tea-bagging
  14. OK, it's a fair cop-it was me, even though my name is not John Thomas McGowan.

And it wasn't an accident: I aimed my Landy at the brick-throwing Croat rut dweller. Fortunately, I was cloaked by my Pale Blue Beret Of Awesomeness and escaped with minor cuts.

So, Ante can go and spin if he's after compo.