Looking for someone I met at Arnhem-Oosterbeek War Cemetery

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by RikkeN, Nov 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This year, I was privileged to be able to take part in commemorating the fallen heroes at Arnhem-Oosterbeek War Cemetery (21.09.2008) and I must say that I couldn’t hold my tears back. Your armed forces were there in numbers of course and I ran into a couple of men from the AAC. To be honest, I asked if I could get a photo with them because they did look rather handsome (a girl loves a uniform, I do at least) and I completely forgot to get their names (so that I could thank them later).

Is there anyway that I can get a hold of them? Or is there anyone who knows them? I do have a picture of him/and those he was with but I didn’t want to post them right now as I don’t now if they’re in active service. Still, I did zoom in on some insignias to give you a clue.

[​IMG]

If this post is not allowed here, feel free to kick my ass out D:

2. Hmmm, the Usual Suspects spring to mind... was one a dashing 'young' thruster with copious amounts of Black Masking tape and a ball peen hammer on his person and the other a silver tongued rapscallion with a blistering SOH?

Haven't a clue who you could be on about. 8O

3. Since when have WO1 chefs had eagles on their sleeves?? :wink:

4. I think she means AAC

5. I think I know him. It's either Smudge, Taff or Dinger

6. PM me...... I know who's wrist that is

7. Did that wrist used to play with you?

8. I did *hides* and it is corrected now. Damn lack of sleep messes with my spelling.

9. Close but not quite.

10. Do you really wanna know?

11. Yes and photos too........of you not the AAC blokes, their all Dirty Sanchez moustachioed limp wristers of the 1st water, if only some real soldiers like the RAF Regt had been there you'ld still be moist. :twisted:

12. Ignore him, he's not that important or interesting.

Last I saw of him he was pulling off the Oosterbeek car park after being demoted from Corps RSM to Brig T's driver

13. Good point there Aunty S, surely the use of photo evidence on an open forum brings into question the issues of PerSec...well there'll be a few awkward questions if he's married and his other half sees em. :twisted:

PS. joking!