• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Looking for some good military books?

Hi there everyone!

My name is Liam and I review books. My dad is a military nut. Seriously. He is "The Book Dad" and reviews military books.

Just thought I'd stop by to tell you about his awesome reviews....

Hope you find something that interests you?

Book Dad’s reviews | The Book Boy

He's always reading so sign up to the newsletter if you want an email when he does a new one!

Cheers all

Liam :)

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I worked with a TV Presenter who whilst enjoying a 'gentleman's sauna near Waterloo had a threesome with a father and son. This has always concerned me.
VanHelsing told me about a place near the UJ club but I don't think he'd been there himself.

Like a hunting Eagle, the Jarrod patiently waits, circling his prey from on high, ever watchfull, subconciously flexing his razor sharp talons in anticipation of the strike. Swift..... Silent...... Deadly.

Anyway, I've been laying laminate flooring at the in-laws today, what a ball-aching job THAT is for a bloody Sunday afternoon

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Like a hunting Eagle, the Jarrod patiently waits, circling his prey from on high, ever watchfull, subconciously flexing his razor sharp talons in anticipation of the strike. Swift..... Silent...... Deadly.

Anyway, I've been laying laminate flooring at the in-laws today, what a ball-aching job THAT is for a bloody Sunday afternoon
Mr Attenborough? Anyway what were you told about volunteering

Have the in-laws been seen since?

Anyway, I know yours is also about policing but I'm surprised you can't think of a good military book for the OP... Although I expect many authors would say that helping out critics is tantamount to turkeys voting for Christmas.

Have the in-laws been seen since?

Anyway, I know yours is also about policing but I'm surprised you can't think of a good military book for the OP... Although I expect many authors would say that helping out critics is tantamount to turkeys voting for Christmas.
Seriously?
The best military book I have ever read was 'The Cruel Sea'
followed by 'A Rumor of War' and 'Del Corso's Gallery' by Richard Caputo, and of course 'ChickenHawk'

Edited to add; 'The boys of Company C'

I thought you might have mentioned something closer to home, don't hide your light under a bushell and all that.
I know what you're saying but having written one, it's a bit like being on the inside looking out. You are the guys who will decide if it's good / bad / indifferent, not me.

Latest Threads