Looking for some good military books?

Discussion in 'The Book Club' started by TheBookBoy, Dec 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there everyone!

My name is Liam and I review books. My dad is a military nut. Seriously. He is "The Book Dad" and reviews military books.

Just thought I'd stop by to tell you about his awesome reviews....

Hope you find something that interests you?

Book Dad’s reviews | The Book Boy

He's always reading so sign up to the newsletter if you want an email when he does a new one!

Cheers all

Liam :)

2. You're cute

• Like Like x 6
  3. Ever watchful, although with the appearance, at a casual glance, of being at rest. Ready to swoop, should the opportunity arise, upon an unsuspecting prey- raptor to field mouse.

• Like Like x 7
  4. I'm good with anatomy books.

5. I think you've misread it: it's called Grey's​.

• Like Like x 3
  6. I worked with a TV Presenter who whilst enjoying a 'gentleman's sauna near Waterloo had a threesome with a father and son. This has always concerned me.

7. VanHelsing told me about a place near the UJ club but I don't think he'd been there himself.

8. Anyway err Bookboy send Auld_Yin a PM he may have a few books floating about.

9. You had to share that? Some things are better left unsaid.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Like a hunting Eagle, the Jarrod patiently waits, circling his prey from on high, ever watchfull, subconciously flexing his razor sharp talons in anticipation of the strike. Swift..... Silent...... Deadly.

Anyway, I've been laying laminate flooring at the in-laws today, what a ball-aching job THAT is for a bloody Sunday afternoon

11. Mr Attenborough? Anyway what were you told about volunteering

• Like Like x 1
  12. Have the in-laws been seen since?

Anyway, I know yours is also about policing but I'm surprised you can't think of a good military book for the OP... Although I expect many authors would say that helping out critics is tantamount to turkeys voting for Christmas.

13. Seriously?
    The best military book I have ever read was 'The Cruel Sea'
    followed by 'A Rumor of War' and 'Del Corso's Gallery' by Richard Caputo, and of course 'ChickenHawk'

Edited to add; 'The boys of Company C'

14. I sent him a PM earlier suggesting he gets in touch with Auld_Yin.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I thought you might have mentioned something closer to home, don't hide your light under a bushell and all that.

• Like Like x 1