Looking for some advice

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by Calder2k8, Aug 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I stumbled across these forums whilst searching the all knowing Google for a solution to my problem.

I want to rejoin at my local TA Intelligence unit in Newport, South Wales. The problem i am facing is that you need three GCSE's to join which i don't currently have. I have the equivilant of two A levels at C grade and i have just finished my first year in Glamorgan university studying Law. I have spoken to someone there and was informed that they would apply for an academic waiver, problem being this was a few weeks ago and i am assuming that if they had heard anything, they would have contacted me.

My question/concern is given my above situation, is it likely that i would get accepted to join?

Also, if they did allow me to have an academic waiver, would my situation allow me to apply to be an Officer?

I would appreciate any input that is given, thanks in advance!
  2. I wouldn't worry about GCSE's if you have the A-levels as they are over and above. Just about anyone can apply to be an officer, whether you get accepted or not is another matter!
  3. Not that i know of no. Although, who knows.
  4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

It always amazes me that person interested in some sort of int work will splash their social lives all over the net. Crikey we all do somethings we'd rather not give as ammunition to any potential enemies!
  5. Do we still have enemies or is it targets and adversaries now?
  6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Cant have targets it must be aspirations!