Looking for recommendations for RN No1 Uniform tailor

Discussion in 'Officers' started by jim30, Mar 10, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Folks

I’m in the market for a new RN No1 uniform for my forthcoming wedding. At the moment I need to get a new pair of Nos1s and also a sword belt – Its been nearly 10 years since I last purchased this sort of uniform, and my budget is roughly £1000.

Could any recommend a good tailor, preferably in the London area please?

(Crossposting to RN and Officers forum)
  2. Although not London area, have you checked to see if NELSON W/R still holds used stock on resale from retired occifers. If so, you'll be able to get a fine quality Thieves&Sharks service dress that will need only modification to look tailored. There should be a number of swords & belts too.

Otherwise your budget is looking a bit thin. Just a sword & belt is over 1K, I believe.
  3. Many thanks for that - I already have the sword, but the belt is a little tired.

I'll check out dead officers store next time I'm in pompey.
  4. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

The "Tin Trousers" store at Nelson has closed. If you are a member of the Officers Association (RNOBS or the other one) they have a second hand kit list and you can contact people off that.

Your options are limited these days as few people buy their own. Try Bauns.
  5. Where is Bauns now guns? Just arrived at Nelson to notice the row of buildings it was in had been levelled.

Sent from my iPhone using The Force