Looking for QARANC nurses...

I am a nurse though, and a black Waffen SS reservist.
One of those statements may be untrue.

Nurses and buses are a longstanding topic of interest in the British Army, and has been for around 40 years. That is my sensible response.

I'm not military and I'm not British. I'm an American simply looking for help with a research project. Whatever joke you're making is going right past me, friend. Enjoy your day, I must go now.

I'm looking for nurses who were posted to BMH Shaibah/Op Telic circa 2006 for help with a research project. Any assistance would be appreciated, thanks.
Outline your project: For what, for whom, for why?

State your checkable bona fides: Research institute, university, Isis background checker.

People will not jump at an unknown, unverifiable individual, for an indeterminate project and put their hand up enthusiastically and wait for who knows what might happen. If you were in you should know this.

Research is a pain in the arrse, do it properly and it pays dividends. Do it badly, you may as well stand on the parapet and piss in the wind.

Thats all advice, by the way.

"ISIS background checker"? Wow, is this really that serious? I was not "in" (if you mean military), as I mentioned above. What I thought would happen--and what has happened in the past when I have joined a forum seeking specific knowledge--is that somebody goes, "Yeah, I was there/I'm familiar with that subject... can I help you?" And then I give them my email privately or get theirs and explain who I am and what it is I'm looking for in greater detail, and they either elect to help or they don't. It's really not any more sinister than that, I'm afraid.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
"ISIS background checker"? Wow, is this really that serious? I was not "in" (if you mean military), as I mentioned above. What I thought would happen--and what has happened in the past when I have joined a forum seeking specific knowledge--is that somebody goes, "Yeah, I was there/I'm familiar with that subject... can I help you?" And then I give them my email privately or get theirs and explain who I am and what it is I'm looking for in greater detail, and they either elect to help or they don't. It's really not any more sinister than that, I'm afraid.
Us Brits are a bunch of cynical, suspicious bastards.

Yes, and we tend to bait until we know you.
Then we continue to bait
True, and Americans have a problem with irony, sarcasm and just down right blatant British rudeness.

I'm not military and I'm not British. I'm an American simply looking for help with a research project. Whatever joke you're making is going right past me, friend. Enjoy your day, I must go now.
We take our own and colleagues personal security seriously.

You are a nameless, faceless 'bloke on the internet' and could well be an ISIS background checker for all we know......or, even some shyster putting together a criminal claim for the international war crimes court.

We are generally happy to help with research projects just as long as you can prove who you are and why you may want to know things from people and about people.

I like Americans, I even live in the country, but I find many Americans to be to free and open with information which should not really be shared. Then the problem is they take offence when serious people are not as free and easy with information in return.

Do what I told you in the post above and you will probably be more successful. Look around the forum at other research requests and you will find they are of the format described.

Take the above as advice and feedback as I am trying to be helpful.

True, and Americans have a problem with irony, sarcasm and just down right blatant British rudeness.

We take our own and colleagues personal security seriously.

You are a nameless, faceless 'bloke on the internet' and could well be an ISIS background checker for all we know......or, even some shyster putting together a criminal claim for the international war crimes court.

We are generally happy to help with research projects just as long as you can prove who you are and why you may want to know things from people and about people.

I like Americans, I even live in the country, but I find many Americans to be to free and open with information which should not really be shared. Then the problem is they take offence when serious people are not as free and easy with information in return.

Do what I told you in the post above and you will probably be more successful. Look around the forum at other research requests and you will find they are of the format described.

Take the above as advice and feedback as I am trying to be helpful.
That was very helpful, I commend you!

I'm guessing your previous research projects didn't involve the military.

I'm looking for nurses who were posted to BMH Shaibah/Op Telic circa 2006 for help with a research project. Any assistance would be appreciated, thanks.
I can help if it's about how filthy some of the nurses were? I was treated by the nurses in Shaibah on Telic 8, they did such a good job that I rewarded one of them a few years later with dirty chat then banged her, does that count?