Looking for protective plates for UK Body Armour

This is NOT for the current issue Osprey but the previous, much liked version with two simple armour plates.

The vests are sold all over the place (military surplus etc) but the the plates are notoriously difficult to come by, any thoughts as to where they are sold?

How about complete Ospreys (again, with the protective kevlar plates)?

Thanks, cheers.

Attachments

hardley said:
I was under the impression that the ballistic plates were restricted items!
I'm a "fucking civvy cunt" (as the QM called me last week) & I was "issued" a set of Osprey! Fair enough I am in the stan-pit, but I never signed for the buggers.

viceroy said:
God knows I do not need body armour to rob a bank. In any case I have 'other body armour if that were the objective! I am a collector and now that the desert camo is slowly being replaced, I am looking to complete my collection. Call me a nutter![/quote

"Nutter!"

viceroy said:
The_Goon said:
Viceroy, you refer to ECBA as "Much liked"?

By who?! They must have been mental.
Much Liked by me, myself and I , aka the nutters... :) If you have a desert camo Osprey, I will buy that as well!

Them (the plates, not the regiment) do not appear to be restricted, as there are folks flogging them on ebay.
So buy some off Ebay then trigger.

Osprey is in limited supply and any sets you buy will most likely be stolen; thus you're depriving people who need the kit to save their life of it so it can go on your wall.

You sound peculiar :)

Bravo_Zulu said:
Osprey is in limited supply and any sets you buy will most likely be stolen; thus you're depriving people who need the kit to save their life of it so it can go on your wall.
He wasn't looking for Osprey...

smudge67 said:
hardley said:
I was under the impression that the ballistic plates were restricted items!
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawnn
Thats because you are a bit gay (by that I mean happy), Yaaaaaaaaaawnnn. OK you are a tit.

Bravo_Zulu said:
therealbigdizzle said:
Bravo_Zulu said:
He wasn't looking for Osprey...
viceroy said:
If you have a desert camo Osprey, I will buy that as well!
my bad, apologies.

misterp said:
ill sell you a piece of roll mat cut to the size of the plate, that might be the prefered armour you speak of?
i heard the best type is 8 packets of the sticky toffee pudding out of the ration packs stuck to cardboard in the shape of the plate. It's said to survive armour piercing and everything.

therealbigdizzle said:
misterp said:
ill sell you a piece of roll mat cut to the size of the plate, that might be the prefered armour you speak of?
i heard the best type is 8 packets of the sticky toffee pudding out of the ration packs stuck to cardboard in the shape of the plate. It's said to survive armour piercing and everything.
No.
No.
NO.

Biscuits AB!

Dear me!

viceroy said:
The_Goon said:
Viceroy, you refer to ECBA as "Much liked"?

By who?! They must have been mental.
Much Liked by me, myself and I , aka the nutters... :) If you have a desert camo Osprey, I will buy that as well!

Them (the plates, not the regiment) do not appear to be restricted, as there are folks flogging them on ebay.
Yeah but they shouldn't be! The plates are NOT supposed to be out there in the public domain for a good fooking reason, we don't want certain type getting a hold of them and testing their capabilities. :evil:

therealbigdizzle said:
misterp said:
Everything except custard.

If the Taliban ever suss this out we'll be well and truly fcuked.

On the issue of plates being restricted, naughty people please note that one of my gang of bad-asses managed to mislay the pair from his eCBA on Stanta.
Apparently, they were too heavy to wear so he slipped them into his daysack... which he then carried around for a day or so before realising they'd fallen out somewhere.
So, for a million dollars I'll give you the four-figure grid ref where you can find them. Used notes please, leave it in a brown envelope behind the third cistern in the gents at St Pancras.
Much love.

PS if they've actually started to dissolve in the rain by now, no returns.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Current Affairs, News and Analysis 1
S Lonely Hearts 177
leeanne Lonely Hearts 247