Looking for Peter Donnely

Discussion in 'Old & Bold' started by Once_a_soldier, Jan 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Please help.

Am looking for Peter Donnelly ex-Scots Guards and the ex-RLI, Rhodesia. I was his Troop Commander in 12 Tp, 3 Cdo, RLI from 1976-78.

We have heard that he may be needing some friendship, but can't find him.

1977 photo here: Donnelly | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
  2. Still looking for this old soldier.
  3. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

I've mailed matey as per my PM.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Holding thumbs!

Much appreciated
  5. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

He's probably out shopping or at a braai, but I'll give you a shout or he will. Don't expect an immediate response!
  6. Another call for anyone who knows Peter
  7. I heard he died in Jo'burg a long time ago. If you have any details, I'd like to know them as I knew Pete in Jo'burg in 1982-83.
  8. U ever hear anything about Peter?worked with him in SA bout '84
  9. Not a peep. Pete died, but I don't have any details. He had a slightly crazy South African girlfriend. I do remember him once saying that he decided to quit drinking, but found his nights out and friends so boring that he started up again and had a lot more fun. I knew him casually in Salisbury, but better in Jo'burg.
  10. Thanks for ur reply mate,sorry to hear Peter had passed,met him in Joburg&did a few shutdowns at Secunda with him-him&Panga Pete were like a comedy act on those jobs,never a dull moment RIP
  11. I know this is a really old post and maybe I won't get a response at all. But I think you are all speaking about my father, he left when we were very young and we didn't know him but I have always wondered where he is what he is doing and if he ever fathered other children and what about his family in Scotland / Ireland. I feel a little numb coming across this feed about him. . If anyone has some information me and my sister would love to hear about it..
  12. You should go to the Rhodesian Light Infantry Regimental Association website and poke around there. Have you looked at the photograph on the Flikr link further up this page, just to make sure we're talking about the same Pete Donnelly? If you get the book "The Saints", which is a history of the RLI, you will come across photos of Pete. There are a lot of people still out there who will smile when you mention his name. He was a wild man and a soldier's soldier.
  13. He was Peter Mac's best man at his wedding. There's a photo of him in Peter Mac's book. Peter M reckons that he's passed on to the great afterlife.
  14. Yes I have seen the photo on Flickr and it is him ... I would love all the information I can get about him and extended family. . What a strange way to come across your father after 26 years..

Thank you for the information.
    • Like Like x 4