ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

Looking for Paddy Brady

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by tafft, Dec 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ladies & Gentlemen of The Corp,i`ve tried the social networking forum with little joy so thought I would try the direct route.
    I`m trying to find Patrick [Paddy] Brady,last seen in 77 serving with 26 Armd.at Hohne,he was a corporal driver & also a qualified diver,[his earlier posting was at RE Diving School,Marchwood.
    I would appreciate any news however vague.Thank you.

2. I think he served in 4sqn in Nienburg in around 80 - 83 ish -- favourite saying -- "these doors can kills yous" refering to the back of the 432..

Dont know what happened to him after that

3. I know what that saying refers to :twisted:

Although don't know about Paddy.

4. Mel

Mel

Hi Tafft
    Just been sent this link thru facebook. Paddy married my mum in 83 and became my stepdad (altho I always saw him as my DAD!!). He was based in Chatham then back to Nienburg in 85, 7 Fd Sqn then RHQ. Became Sgt mess manager in 86 - 92 when he was posted to Tywyn in Wales for his last 18 months service then they settled there. ( It was quite amusing for the locals having a big guiness drinking Irish bloke in the village) He completed 25 years service. Unfortunately, we lost him to a heart attack in Sept 95 age 45. He's still very much missed, was a fantastic husband, dad and grandad.
    If you want any more info, please contact me on facebook Mel Newman was Brady. Thanks

5. the paddy brady i knew in 4 sqn from 74 till around 80,,shallow water diver ,,nicked me a couple of times,,was a member of water buffs to

6. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

PM replies to the author of this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.