looking for instructors

Discussion in 'ACF' started by 2civdiv, Jun 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Don't know if anyone will respond however i am an instructor in Glascote, Tamworth, Staffordshire (part of Warwickshire and West Midlands south) and am looking for anyone interested in becoming an adult instructor. We are struggling to find quality instructors who can commit the time required, there are currently 3 of us, but as the unit is growing we require more to work as part of our highly motivated team. Anyone interested?
  2. I'm in the same boat. Tried my local paper recently to run an article on my detachment. End result was an upturn in numbers parading, and a few potential adults knocking on our doors as well. Hope this helps.
  3. roger that thanks for the tips
  4. No worries, mate. The only drawback to posting on here for staff is that most of the people who browse these pages are already in the forces or cadet forces. \Consequently they can't really do more. Keep us posted as to how you get on. The biggest problem, as always is the time commitment. Good luck.
  5. Have yourself a presentation evening, get your cadets to drag their parents along, give out a few badges and certs to the deserving and then spend the rest of the evening sweet talking these parents into up.

Failing that see if you can get involved with local fetes and what not and see what that drags up. I've managed to get a couple of people interested this way and it takes care of C&C for the cadets.
  6. do the air cadets myself and Ifind that the best way to get anyone interested is by word of mouth
  7. so too speak............
  8. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Whats the criteria?
  9. i intend to join in the Milton Keynes area once i leave the army as i think that it will keep the need for green at bay
  10. Sorry to go off thread civdiv, but as someone who hails from Birmingham, I'm just wondering how Tamworth ended up as West Midlands SOUTH when your about as north as the West Mids gets?? :?

Just wondering :wink:
  11. Why would anyone be interested in the Air Cadets?

After 2 years as a CI, and seeing where they are heading, I don't think there will be any air cadets in 5-6 years time. There new Air Comm won't change anything as the VRT Officers will simply ignore him and do there own dull thing.
  12. its as much a mystery to me as it is to you wedge i have got the fogiest, the Staffordshire cadets don't like us being on their "patch" either but they just have to deal with it. Its only cause we are better than them anyway!
  13. good skills
  14. they are in South west area for Sea Cadets!

Regarding staff it seems to be an all service problem, I've been with the SCC for 3 years now and we have a high turn over of staff, most come along keen as mustard then realise that weekends and weeks have to be put a side for both cadet and adult courses/ activities.

Although we do buck the trend in one area, dispite all the press regarding males not wanting to volunteer for fear of being accused of kiddy fiddling, when I leave my cadet unit in September for uni unless we can recruit there will be 8 males members and no female member of teaching staff.

I'd agree with the newspaper idea, also get yourself along to all the school fetes that are no doubt happening at the moment they make good recruiting grounds particually if you get yourself as close to the beer tent as possable!