Looking for info assistance..

Hi, not sure who to contact on here, but I have a query about a number, name, and rank that I'd rather not put up on the forum for all to see, and I'm trying to establish veracity of a claim. Not walt hunting, but a genuine query.

Can someone point me towards help that can check a service number and name, that is either Brit or Aus forces, circa 1960's please? Not after any further info, just as to which forces they have served with.. I did believe that they were NZ forces, but after checking with their NZDF database, I've come up with a fat zero..

You could try London Gazette to see if they ever picked up any awards, commission etc.
None of the awards I accepted from the OC/CO ever made the Gazette

ugly

LE
Hi, not sure who to contact on here, but I have a query about a number, name, and rank that I'd rather not put up on the forum for all to see, and I'm trying to establish veracity of a claim. Not walt hunting, but a genuine query.

Can someone point me towards help that can check a service number and name, that is either Brit or Aus forces, circa 1960's please? Not after any further info, just as to which forces they have served with.. I did believe that they were NZ forces, but after checking with their NZDF database, I've come up with a fat zero..
A quick check would be to use google to confirm his service number was used and in which block! It’s rather easy

A quick check would be to use google to confirm his service number was used and in which block! It’s rather easy
Think I've got to the bottom of it. The issue was which force the bloke served with, NZ, Aussie, or Brit. The number is deffo not NZ (NZDF confirmed), wrong amount of digits for the time period in Aus Forces, and what I suspected, the number appears to correlate with joining up in the block between 1956-1960. The issue was with a commemoration medal his details were engraved on (by my colleague on request), and the medal is to commemorate the battle for Long Tan, on which two outfits details are engraved, one NZ, the other, 6RAR..

Think I've got to the bottom of it. The issue was which force the bloke served with, NZ, Aussie, or Brit. The number is deffo not NZ (NZDF confirmed), wrong amount of digits for the time period in Aus Forces, and what I suspected, the number appears to correlate with joining up in the block between 1956-1960. The issue was with a commemoration medal his details were engraved on (by my colleague on request), and the medal is to commemorate the battle for Long Tan, on which two outfits details are engraved, one NZ, the other, 6RAR..
Snitch

ugly

LE
Well as long as you are happy that’s fine! I hope you don’t use the same sh1tty engraving kit from toys are us that the medals office used on my GSM, I suspect it’s been in use since AuldYin was a bodyguard to pontius Pilate.
So crap I retired it, bought a new one and keep it covered all year till it’s needed!
Crisp level legible engraving and as such a copy but nicely done!
Mini me has my real one
My gold medal is in the garage waiting for me to mount the trophy and that’s about it

Latest Threads