looking for any unit

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by zzsnail, Nov 15, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. does ANYONE know if there are any british forces in tillil? .... thats in iraq ! ..... there's an air base there and a hospital but i dont know if it's just american ?.... or coalition ...... i cant find anything about the british troops out there ...any ideas guys?

2. and your reason to know these facts is what exactly??????

Not sarcasm.....opsec

3. mmmmm......... Not really the way to open your post account with a possible journo question!!!!!!

4. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

look on the MoD website and if the info isn't covered by OPSEC then it will be there.

5. And it's usually spelt "TALIL", which may be why you can't find it...

IF

6. msr

msr LE

It's usually spelt TALLIL.

msr

7. Journo

8. Along the same lines as zzsnail............I'm trying to get a message to Jim Dougall who I know is working in deep cover in Dwar (just south of Tikrit).

As I understand it he's posing as a shepherd (appropriate for a taffy b**tard) gathering intel for really important people!

If anyone is passing ask him if he wants me to get "Lost" on DVD instead - I'm taping it for him & missed episode 15 :-(

You cant miss the the ginger nutted tw*t with his scar on his left cheek running from his eye to his ear.

p.s. Tell him to keep his head down - bloody dangerous over there apparently.

9. zzsnail... are you for real? don't you care for the safety of our troops? You can't possibly be a regular or weekend warrior to ask such a silly question

10. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Does he have Eagle eyes and real gripping hands?