Looking for an easy to play shoot em up game.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
PlayStation Support

keyboard and mouse. even a cheapo one will be way better than a joypad for shooters.

This one is not too challenging with the difficulty dialled down

Definitely not Battlefield V! Stick your head up twice in a row in the same place and you'll get nailed by two different snipers!
I'm dyspraxic and I do ok in Battlefield V, but then the maps are big enough that you can be more tactical than just spray and pray.

Be a medic with smoke grenade launchers and it gets easy

I'm dyspraxic and I do ok in Battlefield V, but then the maps are big enough that you can be more tactical than just spray and pray.

Be a medic with smoke grenade launchers and it gets easy
I've been playing the battlefield series for years but I've given up on V, I just cant seem to spot the other players easily, I reduced the filters, got rid of shadows etc but no it's just no fun, and that 15 secs is the longest wait ever. Call of duty single player or Far cry are much better for my blood pressure. Oh and to get off the beach on COD you have to move from cover to cover and wait for the guy to shout the're reloading

I didn't realise that you could use a wireless keyboard on the PS4.
Lokiuk, dyspraxia looks to be a PITA to have to deal with, if you don't mind me asking how ado you manage day to day with something like that?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Since you have a browser to post here, there is always Torn. It's essentially text based, but there are graphics. Anything from searching for money, through arson, assassination, drug dealing to building a dirty bomb.

https://www.torn.com/1954662

I didn't realise that you could use a wireless keyboard on the PS4.
Lokiuk, dyspraxia looks to be a PITA to have to deal with, if you don't mind me asking how ado you manage day to day with something like that?
I work in IT now, so pretty easily. Weirdly I find a mouse and keyboard a lot easier to use than a controller

If you're clumsy you soon get used it, or you're going to have a major accident before you know it

Saying that I'm just surprised I've never fallen off a mountain yet, I've collapsed enough times now, but that was poor diabetes management

I've been playing the battlefield series for years but I've given up on V, I just cant seem to spot the other players easily, I reduced the filters, got rid of shadows etc but no it's just no fun, and that 15 secs is the longest wait ever. Call of duty single player or Far cry are much better for my blood pressure. Oh and to get off the beach on COD you have to move from cover to cover and wait for the guy to shout the're reloading
It's a lot of the weapon sights you unlock, they look cool but are useless in the game and not as good as some of the default one. You need a scope unless you're just going to spray and pray

With Doom you can’t do tactical, the first spawning room and the rest of the game will ruin you.
It’s run and gun all the way. Stay moving and collecting health and armour whilst shooting the living fvck out if everything that moves.
Gore levels went up a few notches with Doom 2016.
Still the best single player game ever made IMO

(Slight subject drift)

In regards to BFV is it worth getting?

I've been playing the franchise for over 15 years now, since the early days of BF2, I've avoided the console versions and played the PC versions of 2, 2142, 3, 4 and 1 (with all their expansions) all of which I've usually maxed out in rank and collectables within a couple of years through sheer grind.

I'm not that interested in the women soldiers crap and the hysterics about lack of accuracy in terms of the maps but is the gameplay any good?

(I've heard a lot of horror stories across the player reviews too despite EA's blatant palm greasing of the official review sites and you tube channels)

Last edited:
See my post 29 above, is just not worth it for your sanity

Last edited: