Looking for an easy to play shoot em up game.

I was given a PS4 as a present but I cant get along with the controller, example, I cant get off the beach on Call Of Duty, very frustrating. Basically I'm looking for a simple kill everything/everyone just for mindless fun. Any ideas?

JNM

War Hero
I was given a PS4 as a present but I cant get along with the controller, example, I cant get off the beach on Call Of Duty, very frustrating. Basically I'm looking for a simple kill everything/everyone just for mindless fun. Any ideas?
Can’t you just set it to recruit difficulty? Do zombies until you get better?

Doom 2016 on easy is pretty much just zipping around blowing shit away

The Wolfenstein series are pretty good, mindless Nazi-killing. Highly recommended for when you just want to switch off and slaughter stuff.

Doom 2016 on easy is pretty much just zipping around blowing shit away
You can kick @ss or chew gum, but I'm all out of gum.

Sell the PS4 and get a PC instead?

Actually, you might just be doing something wrong in CoD. Years since I played the WW2 version but, IIRC, the D-Day bombardment sequence is certain death unless you do whatever it was that the game was setting up - I think you had to advance quickly to survive. It gets a lot easier after that beach sequence and the subsequent "counter attack".

The CoD WW2 episodes and the Modern Warfare 1 & 2 are pretty good, linear shooters, and very easy on noob settings.

I'm abroad at the moment, so have set up my gaming laptop with a few old single-player games. I'm actually playing CoD MW2 right now - but using pistol only and on hardest settings. They are good games for making your own challenges!

4 (T) Only problem with a PC i found was ever time a new game was launched in order to play it. you needed to upgrade your PC. A ps4 game will play on a ps4, end of. I am also pretty much disabled and find the ps4 a useful platform to do other stuff with.

Doom

You need to try again with call of duty, it's probably simplest shoot em up

Just Google when you get stuck like what everyone else does there's just a few of them moments

All the best from another techno illiterate midgle aged ps4 convertee

Get a PC for FPS's, you can't beat a mouse and keyboard

For everything else you might as well play on a console these days

Doom it is.
I remember the original PC version which appeared at work on a 3.5 floppy disc IIRC. The fact that the game was a bit gory was a surprise to some people, we'd never seen blood in a game before.
Get a PC for FPS's, you can't beat a mouse and keyboard

For everything else you might as well play on a console these days
Agreed lokiuk, I could get a cheapo laptop and connect it to the TV.

I haven't played this one for years, but from what I remember:-

As 4(T) said, just run up the beach, zigzagging left and right until you get to the cliff area, you'll still get nailed 2 or 3 times but eventually you'll get there, don't stop otherwise you won't make it.

Then find the Bangalore torpedoes to make the breach and after that it gets to be quite easy.

(You might have to do this a couple of times, once breached you will soon be home for tea and medals).

Definitely not Battlefield V! Stick your head up twice in a row in the same place and you'll get nailed by two different snipers!

Last edited: