looking for an Arrser near Reading/Basingstoke?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by ugly, Mar 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I need some info please. There is a farm/agricultural store called either Wilko or Wilco or Wilkinsons in that area and they sell cheap rope slip leads for working dogs. Google has been as much use as a chocolate teapot so far and I want a stock of their cheap and cheerfuls.
    Cash can change hands for either leads of the internet or dog kind!

2. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I have scats locally but they didnt seem as cheap!

4. A lead on a spaniel? Are you quite mad?

5. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Ugly,
    Try posting on rivercottage.net. I'd say that may be your best bet.
    Spike

6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Cheers mate!

7. Are you sure it's a farm/agricultural store? Because Wilkinson is a chain of cheap shops, found in most town centres (showing myself as less than aritocratic, here :oops: ). Their own-brand label is Wilko. Their website is www.wilko.co.uk They stock toiletries, stationery, toys, kitchen ware, DIY, garden furniture and, now, food. They do have quite a comprehensive pet-care range: cages, dog bowls, petfoods, etc. Their stock is usually cheap as chips and reasonable quality. However I had difficulty searching products on their website. Their is a store locater clicky.

8. Ugly.... get yer self a drum of suitably sized braided rope from a half decent chandlery (boat part shop), some oiled or waxed thread and make some...

These people may be able to help.... The Rope Loft check out the roll ends section, Marlowbraid 12mm Blue Fleck, looks good to go...

9. Reading is my home (now in sunny deutschland). There was a large farm shop just South of Riseley of the Swallowfield Road (not the bypass) between Reading and Basingstoke. Don't know if that was it, or if it's still there, but if you are going thaat way, worth a look.
    Also, I'm told that road has the longest unbroken double white lines in the country (wooooooo!)

10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

A mate was supposed to be making some for me aand had even sourced the metal rings but along came baby! Typical ex greenjacket

11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Marlow is made about 10 miles from me! I'll chase my ex jacket mate and see if he is up for it.
    I'm too busy sewing rabbit skins onto dummies!

12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Bovvy that looks like the place but the search tool is poo! I was told byanother picker up on an estate day that was where she bought hers from as the were really cheap. I think Scats will get a visit. I have ordered Turner Richards in for stock but they dont always fill the order. I have a good line coming in from the states, Dokken Dead Fowl Training Dummies and neoprene dog vests in cammo. Expensive to buy here but I'm importing direct so we should be able to undercut anyone else at the fair!

13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

A good enough reason to avoid the place, thanks for all the help chaps!
    I'm going to try and sign off as I am chinstrapped with the weekends work (play) and need my beauty sleep as Ugly goes to work tomorrow for the first time since September!