Looking for advice uniform ww2

Bov

Crow
Hello, I want to expand my collection by buying a uniform from ww2. (In parts, I don't need to buy it all at once). I was thinking about a British or German infantry uniform. (I know German uniforms are more expensive). Does anyone has a uniform they would recommend I look for/advice?

Edit to make a few things clear: I live in The Netherlands (So I can't fly to the US or something) and I'm looking for an original.

Last edited:
I can recommend a company based in Germany that I usually buy wholesale from, they do original AND reproducton, this is an example of the genuine stuff, pricey though

This a German marksmans tunic apparently, their is all sorts of cheaper repro there as well
18421000.jpg

This is an example of their repro GERMAN WWII SPLINTER CAMO SNIPER ANORAK, cheap as hell, no more than 15 euros plus tax at wholesale

18116100.jpg

There used to be a fair bit for sale, believe it or not, in Germany. If you google around you can find militaria/gun shows where you can touch and buy stuff.

Here is your starter for 10 ===> FORUM HISTORICUM

Dead easy to get over, just jump on 3asyJet booked well in advance and the whole experience costs no more than travelling to the NEC for a day at a motor/motorcycle show ty event.

Look at Belgium too. They hold military vehicle type events a bit like the War & Peace event where you can buy a fair selection of goodies.

Just don't be one of the goose stepping crowd as people over there still remember the war and don't take too kindly to numpties dressing up and wandering around as ersatz, wannabee SS.

They have all sorted listed; M36, M40, M43

This is an example of their Splinter Camo reversible jacket, not too expensive at 42.50 euros plus tax
18118300.jpg

GERMAN WWII M44 PEA CAMO FIELD JACKET 24.50 euros plus tax
18186100.jpg

That pattern is called Sumpftarn......basically Swamp Camo.

An FYI: The German Bundesgrenzschutz were issued with smocks made using the pattern well into the 70's/80's. The Bundesgrenzschutz has morphed into the Bundespolizei, but they still retain GSG-9 in their ORBAT. The sniper teams (and anyone else who could get one) at GSG-9 were still using the sumpftarn smocks well past the year 2000. They are considered to be an Uber Ally piece of kit within GSG-9..........along with, believe it or not, DPM.

That pattern is called Sumpftarn......basically Swamp Camo.

An FYI: The German Bundesgrenzschutz were issued with smocks made using the pattern well into the 70's/80's. The Bundesgrenzschutz has morphed into the Bundespolizei, but they still retain GSG-9 in their ORBAT. The sniper teams (and anyone else who could get one) at GSG-9 were still using the sumpftarn smocks well past the year 2000. They are considered to be an Uber Ally piece of kit within GSG-9..........along with, believe it or not, DPM.
Well ally,

I do like reading up on WW2 history such as units like the German fallschirmjäger and that FG42 pow pow weapon; basically a sniper rifle, support weapon and sub-machine gun all in one... um... well you know... some limitations of the the LSW for a start; size of the magazine so sh*te for sustained fire etc but ideal for sharpshooter role.

Hello, I want to expand my collection by buying a uniform from ww2. (In parts, I don't need to buy it all at once). I was thinking about a British or German infantry uniform. (I know German uniforms are more expensive). Does anyone has a uniform they would recommend I look for/advice?
Need any WW2 era tools?

Question for film buff types, is the top smock the same pattern that Michael Caine wore in the beginning part of the Eagle has Landed?
Looks like it.

If you want to wear it just remember the average size of servicemen was much smaller back then so original kit in what now is considered "normal" sizes will be much harder to find as back then it was not the norm .

Latest Threads