Looking for a Training Film

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Kaye, Oct 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

I'm new to this particular corner of Arrse, but I was directed here after a discussion about training films. It seems there is an (probably American made) film about medical personnel in Vietnam. It was used by the UK as well because I heard someone mention that it was shown to him when he was a 16 year old at Harrogate. This must 've been somewhere halfway through the nineteen eighties.

I can't remember the title, but it showed the life and work of the medical evacuation chain the way it was done by the Us during the Vietnam war.

Can anyone help me find it?

Thanks in advance,

Kaye

2. believe the film was Medicine in Vietnam , saw it in 81 at R.A.M.C app college, always remem ber part where coloured soldier had suffered full thickness burns over most of body , quite grisly for a 16 yr old to watch.

3. Yes, it is, look at the 'review' on the page. :)

4. Thanks everyone. That is indeed the film I'm looking for. That man with 2nd degree burns over most of his body was mentioned last night. Seems like a harsh way to solve racial inequality...

5. Was shown this during basic in '86 and was told the burns victim went on to sue the US Army for scrubbing him as he was later shunned in the black community for being "too white"...