Looking for a Rescue Dog? Channel 4 documentary series wants to hear from you!

Hello all,

Bit of a random one, do bear (woof) with me - I work for an independent TV production company and we're making a Channel 4 primetime documentary series which will follow the stories of rescue dogs and the people who want to re-home them.

I'd really like to spread the message out into the web to a cross section of people (apart from the usual profiles), who might be thinking about getting a rescue dog so why not try my luck within the ARRSE community.

After the countless military advocates with rescue dogs who have spoken publicly about the benefits of adopting a four-legged mate, I want to try very hard to show a variety of dog owners and stories and would be super grateful if you could share this message around, feel free to adapt in your own words:

If you want to re-home a dog but don’t know where to start, a new prime time TV series would really like to hear from you! Channel 4 have teamed up with Wood Green, the Animals Charity to offer expert matching and lifelong support to people with love and care to offer a rescue dog. Call us today on 01172033196 or email rescuedog@fivemilefilms.co.uk to learn more. Follow us @dogmatchtv. We’ll be filming from the end of April through to the beginning of June.

Take a pick on how to contact target us:
Rescuedog@fivemilefilms.co.uk
@dogmatchtv

I've spoken to Bad CO (admin) and I've checked that it's all good to advertised on here, hope you all agree.
Thanks for your time,
Carla

Last edited:

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
This thread will be moderated to ensure it does not become a Princess TV (PBUT) rumble. As noted this is legit and Admin Approved.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
This thread will be moderated to ensure it does not become a Princess TV (PBUT) rumble. As noted this is legit and Admin Approved.
In fairness to the Arrse Massiv, I don't see why it would become Princess 2 - it's a sensible idea, professionally presented and with all the appropriate permissions.

Good luck to anyone taking on a rescue but it's not for the novice. I look forward to watching the end result with my two furry reprobates.

Many years ago, whilst still serving, I offered to re home a rescue dog, but was rejected because of my Army service meaning we would move around a lot.

Has thinking changed? (It was over 20 years ago).

Hello all,

Bit of a random one, do bear (woof) with me - I work for an independent TV production company and we're making a Channel 4 primetime documentary series which will follow the stories of rescue dogs and the people who want to re-home them.

I'd really like to spread the message out into the web to a cross section of people (apart from the usual profiles), who might be thinking about getting a rescue dog so why not try my luck within the ARRSE community.

After the countless military advocates with rescue dogs who have spoken publicly about the benefits of adopting a four-legged mate, I want to try very hard to show a variety of dog owners and stories and would be super grateful if you could share this message around, feel free to adapt in your own words:

If you want to re-home a dog but don’t know where to start, a new prime time TV series would really like to hear from you! Channel 4 have teamed up with Wood Green, the Animals Charity to offer expert matching and lifelong support to people with love and care to offer a rescue dog. Call us today on 01172033196 or email rescuedog@fivemilefilms.co.uk to learn more. Follow us @dogmatchtv. We’ll be filming from the end of April through to the beginning of June.

Take a pick on how to contact target us:
Rescuedog@fivemilefilms.co.uk
@dogmatchtv

I've spoken to Bad CO (admin) and I've checked that it's all good to advertised on here, hope you all agree.
Thanks for your time,
Carla
What a wonderful effort.

Many years ago, whilst still serving, I offered to re home a rescue dog, but was rejected because of my Army service meaning we would move around a lot.

Exactly the same experience. So we bought one and loved him for 15 years.

We were turned down by a well known canine trust (who have dogs PTS for behaviour problems) as 'forces families don't make good dog owners' not realising their site was donated to them years ago by a member of the Army (RAMC or RAVC if I remember correctly)
All our pets, even the bearded dragon, have been rescues.

How much are you paying people to be on the programme?

Good luck, my mute is a runaway. He legged it from his owner who kept him tied up and fed bread and water, he lived wild for 9 months but due to a harsh winter we let him stay in our barn.

Come March he just walked in to our house and made himself at home.

He adopted us, not the other way round.

forces families don't make good dog owners
I can see their concerns and I’d rather take the hit than see any dog harmed.

When we were knobed off, we answered an advert in a paper and bought a border collie for £50 from a farmer. Best dog ever, we even took him to Canada with us.