Looking for a quality beret

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by ash_p, Feb 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anybody know any good sites, etc. that supply decent quality berets?

2. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

3. This looks a very good price, do you find these berets have a usitabel amoutn of material or are they normally in excess and need the shrinking method?
  4. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

G10 for men @QM
  5. I'd like to know this as well!
    Thanks for the links
  6. BuggerAll

Judge for yourself. I didn't shrink it but like any beret it did need wetting to shape. Has quite a natty light blue silk (like) lining.

7. Never mind your Beret, you need to get to the Med Centre straight away BuggerAll, your face is melting......
  8. BuggerAll

I'm totally pixellated - at 1148 on a Wednesday morning too!
  9. Sweet, looks like I'll be picking one of them up... Before I get picked up for my butchered beret.
  10. BuggerAll

Sweet? What are you some sort of hippy?
  11. Could a cadet be counted as a sort of hippy? :)
  12. Only reason I'm in the market for one is the provos are starting to know me and my lining-less beret now! That and I'm not a fan of the issued ones!
  13. I removed the lining also, after trying on a Sjt's beret which was incredibly comfy the part of the leather band that the overhang coverred has also been removed, but with the new drill inspections it is rumored we will be removing head dress for inspection? My beret also makes me look like a Walty Para Wannabe so it needs replacing.