• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Looking for a picture/illustration of QA female mess dress

worn between 1975-79...is/was it similar to the blue long-sleeved/formal length dresses worn by the PM's (my ex was a PM around that timeframe), with rank being shown on a brooch?

appreciate any help...

vl100butch said:
worn between 1975-79...is/was it similar to the blue long-sleeved/formal length dresses worn by the PM's (my ex was a PM around that timeframe), with rank being shown on a brooch?

appreciate any help...
errm, a not very flattering grey shift type dress with long chiffon sleeves, red cuffs? rank epaulettes? Something of that nature.

Back then the rank was closely related to the body mass index.
Years of service = size, size = rank. Im guessing this one is a full screw but i'd need a weigh bridge to be sure! :D

red_arrse said:
Back then the rank was closely related to the body mass index.
Years of service = size, size = rank. Im guessing this one is a full screw but i'd need a weigh bridge to be sure!
No.That's definitely a field officer. She has clearly been issued her QA Major's arrse.

To paraphrase John Cleese, the sense of humor is the same but the cultural context isn't.....I get the feeling that the perception of the QA is similar to that of Miss Piggy?

Anyway, I've had no luck with a picture yet, and in the spirit of trans-atlantic partnership

http://www.bands.lsu.edu/golden_girls/index.php

you have to scroll through, but I think you'll enjoy the view...this is my university's dance line...

Latest Threads