Looking for a new unit

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Goku, Jul 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A chap at my TAC has moved to Bournemouth and is now looking for a new unit.
    The problem is all his local units seem to be infantry and that doesn’t really interest him, he doesn’t mind rebadging/retrading so long as it’s not to the infantry.

Currently he’s a class 2 recovery mechanic so a unit with a LAD would be ideal for him.

Apparently he’s heard a rumour that a new Rsig or RLC unit will soon be forming in the Bournemouth area, does anyone know if there is any truth to this?

Any information on suitable units in the Bournemouth area would be appreciated and shall be passed on to him.

2. tell him to get in touch with me I know just the place! Pm me
  3. Bushrider, check your PMs
  4. Don't know if this is still current but at one point the PWRR pl on the Isle of Wight was rebadging to RLC. Can't think of a boner place to put truckies but there you go!
  5. Infantry units require REME bods to take care of the Rovers/Bedfords etc and most TA infantry companies have them. Tell your friend he'd be well advised to visit the DDLI company at Dorchester and leave his perceptions of the infantry at home. If he really doesn't want that then there is an RAC unit at Bovington, SAS Signal Sqn at BA12?? Not sure where BA12 is but sounds like Warminster or Blandford area. Your nearest REME sqn is in Portsmouth.

Hope this helps.
  6. And possibly the guns.
  7. Generally known as rifles in the Army old boy!
  8. And as we all know, this is a post particularly suited to a Cl2 Recovery Mechanic. :roll:
  9. Really? Never heard of a Machine Gun being refered to as a rifle.

As is "taking care of" Rovers and Bedfords?
  10. Perhaps I could have worded my initial post better.

He doesn’t have any negative hang-ups about the infantry, he just doesn’t have much love for marching and shooting – that’s how he explains it anyway.
  11. Bovington has a RAC Sqn, The Dorset Yeomanry. They are an Armoured Delivery sqn, so plenty of heavy metal, and sound just what your friend is looking for. REME element is expanding quite considerably under FAS and so a good time to join.
  12. It is, and resulted in a mass exodus to mainland units, mainly the parent company.
  13. Thanks for the update Sapukay. Can't say I'm surprised though.