Looking for a Gun/Rifle club near Horley/Crawley/Reigate

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by gloworm, Oct 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. any recommendations please?

Indoor for Winter with outdoor option or at least affiliated to something with an outdoor range.

GW

2. Fullbore or smallbore?

Dorking RC - 600yd private outdoor range. In theory a TR club, but a third of the calendar is service rifle and other interests. Has access to smallbore range as well through partnership with other clubs.

Smallbore - East Grinstead RC, Bletchingly RC.

Quite a few clubs in SW London suburbs.

3. Theres a shooting club in Banstead next to the station, don't know much about it though... about 10 minutes from the Reigate junction of the M25

Trotsky

4. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

Dorking and District Rifle Club... Google 'em. The oldest club in the UK and on Coldharbour Lane. Black Powder/.303 and .22 etc. Nice blokes, but the Range Master is an ex-RSM and throws his weight around at times.

Keep me posted.

AJLS

5. Who is that? Theres a clutch of retired coppers, but any army types have kept hidden. Theres quite often a need to get a grip of the pure TR types, who are achingly slow to set up, and who are inclined to stand around talking instead of getting rounds down range.... but thats typical TR :roll:

6. You could try the Crawley Gangzta Massive Crew. They've got a gun club.

7. I was going to post a witty HUNGERFORD, oh deary me, that was 22 years ago, I am getting old.

One of the statements Ryan made towards the end was widely reported: "I wish I had stayed in bed".

8. If Ryan had been a TR shooter, it would have taken him 4 hrs to get the first shot off, and then about ten minute intervals between shots thereafter....

9. If Ryan had been a TR shooter, it would have taken him 4 hrs to get the first shot off, and then about ten minute intervals between shots thereafter....[/quote]

Though the death toll would have been higher as people were bored to death with his exploits :twisted:

10. Thanks for the advice and the recomendations folks, I am a member of a range up in Cumbria but it is a long commute to blat a few rounds down! ;-)

I will look in on some of these, Banstead I have already viewed...cheers to all :)

GW

11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Oddly enough there is a nice little range (one way) on top of Sandilands tunnels in a very posh (for anywhere) and Quiet (for Croydon) part of Croydon!

12. What did you think of Banstead?

13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Croydon and ppc? nah geezer, sawn offs are the flava at the mo (to be read in a fake mockney whine)

14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I havent shot there but I have a close neighbourly connection and know some of the older shooters from there or at least did!