Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Looking for a bit of insider info. MAN HX60 - 6T

Hello

I have one of the recent release trucks in civvy street that went to auction and while I have managed to get hold of most of the manuals. The recent flooding and helping in the water has thrown up some questions.

The HX has a wading depth of .75 or 1.5m's with prep. Now I know the document is AESP 2320-W-100-421 and for obvious reasons its not in the public domain, but could anybody shed some light on what the prep is as the only ref I can find relates to the air vent sliders.

Cheers

Lee

Unprepared is .75 and prepared is 1.5m but i would go on the side of caution on anything above .75m with the trucks that have been released for auction.

Give me 5 and ill have a look at what needs to be done.

Actually apart from moving the recirculation lever to close so its "sealed" from outside there is nothing else needed. You shouldn't though go above .75 and to 1.5 longer than 6 minutes. What you will get is the drive belts on the engine will start to get very noisy. Also there are some electrical components which may need drying out like the ABS socket for instance but i doubt you are towing anything anyway. But if you intend to go doing this often then PX type grease on areas that move like hinges etc on the storage boxes are a good idea.

Last edited:
If you need anything else on the HX60 just ask. Lets just say I have a 1 or 2 and probably know more about SV than most in the Army.

CH5120 - Thank you for the reply, so just a bit of routine maint then. Its the first time its been used in anger since March as I've not had the time with work to get into it too much.. All I've done is get the MOT and reg and clean half of what might have been Salisbury plain from it.

Jarrod they sell-through Brightwells anything from 8K upwards to around 35k.

I paid 11 for mine, but it's only done 6000 on the clock and is a 2013 (In-service date).

Ref the in-service date. That will be the date it was issued to Unit(s). They were all released to service well before then. We bought a few for a project we are doing but i think now there is a reserve price on all the Brightwell trucks. There wasn't when they first started selling them.
Majority have fault codes but from what i have seen nothing too much to worry about and a friendly MAN service tech can clear them.

Ref the in-service date. That will be the date it was issued to Unit(s). They were all released to service well before then. We bought a few for a project we are doing but i think now there is a reserve price on all the Brightwell trucks. There wasn't when they first started selling them.
Majority have fault codes but from what i have seen nothing too much to worry about and a friendly MAN service tech can clear them.
From what we can see on the FB Forums bids are still being referred to the MOD for acceptance of 10k ish and being ok'd.

The code mine had was to do with engine shutdown not completing (dead batteries), I put the Arma Safe things in the scrap pile and replaced them and all have been perfect (as long as I turn off the isolator)

After that, I used a cheap battery repairer and recovered 3 of them.

We removed the old batteries and replaced them with 2 decent ones. The HX that my previous company bought was a ex-BATUS one so it was cosmetically untidy but had only 11,000km on the clock if i remember. My present employers have 1 which is a lot better but its one of the training fleet which was on the initial tranche issued to the MOD so looks a lot better and is one colour!!

If you need anything else on the HX60 just ask. Lets just say I have a 1 or 2 and probably know more about SV than most in the Army.
Hi. I recently imported an HX60 to Zambia for my anti-poaching team. On the way some kind person stole the plug for the Fuel Tank Sender by unscrewing it and cutting the wires. my problem is that the cable they cut has 2 pink wires and one brown and black cable and I cannot work out how to connect it back. As I am in Zambia I cannot access a 2 pin screw in plug for a HX60. Can you advise?

How many people can it carry with 4 rows of seats? I need to transport workers, so no kit involved and they are not very large people.
You should have the TCVES seating system which for the 6t comes in 6 and 8 man modules. So max is 14. But you can use the 6 or 8 man modules on their own. Please make sure they are secured correctly to the floor/chassis of the truck otherwise you could have a serious incident like what happened in BATUS way back.