Looking Ally

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Un-Friendly-Fire, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well we've all seen at least one blokey doing the whole "ally" thing in real life or in pictures, so what are your classic "looking ally" tricks and tips? and at what point do they become "twattish" does the allyness of a certain way of wearing something come and go like the fashions?

To start off the current "ally" crop i always seem to see

-Flat Cap Berets
    -Folded up bush hats
    -Dessies round bases noticeably lacking in sand
    -Grenade pull rings on Smock zips

2. green issue socks to denote old school

same with the white issue telic ones, i wear mine cos they are comfy as hell

3. Hats, tailored. Yes

Pistol holsters with velcro and neoprene. Not ally.

So I am told :)

4. Dog tags on PT! Yes, I've seen it!

5. msr

msr LE

Pulling the core out of paracord and threading your dog tag chain through it.

msr

6. Never seen that MSR, sounds better than the plastic tube shite I have on mine.

7. Water Bottles in Entrenching Tool pouches

8. I do that

Better off with a spare water bottle pouch though, at least you can stick stuff in it when you have no spare WB

9. Dammit man we aren't here to talk about the "best" idea, its about the look :roll:

10. In that case......karabiners on the back of your webbing so you can hang it up
    :?

11. Det cord clips attached to scrim bands on helmets, oh and the visor clips. Boots still laced using para cord(so 1980's)

12. wearing 95 shirts folded 3 quarters up (half way up your forearm) in the field.

13. Or SAS smocks the same

14. Good one better still smock/jacket sleeves.

15. The OC when he joins you in the field with those 1980's combats and boots - verdict not ally

Tailored 95 shirts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.