Look out! DASA competition seeks to enhance Royal Navy early warning capabilities

Getting the full picture: £1.25 million for innovations that improve situational awareness for Royal Navy Carrier and Littoral Strike Groups

Continue reading...

£1.25M? In the bag... :D

61YDBNBMVRL.jpg

Getting the full picture: £1.25 million for innovations that improve situational awareness for Royal Navy Carrier and Littoral Strike Groups

Continue reading...

“3.5 Clarification of what we don’t want
For this competition we are not interested in proposals that:

• constitute consultancy, paper-based studies or literature reviews which just summarise the existing literature without any view of future innovation
  • are an identical re-submission of a previous bid to DASA or MOD without modification
  • offer demonstrations of off-the-shelf products requiring no experimental development (unless applied in a novel way to the challenge)
  • offer no real long-term prospect of integration into defence and security capabilities
  • offer no real prospect of out-performing existing technological solutions
  • comprise platform solutions only, rather than EW solutions and an associated platform”

Ah the sound of a myriad OJARs crumbling into dust while £Millions are saved.

I propose Nick Hine, armed with a pair of binos and a heliograph (sorry, reflective light emitting data link), borne aloft by a large kite with a very long string tied to the deck, thus giving over the horizon visibility and advanced situational awareness.

Where do I claim my prize again?

I propose Nick Hine, armed with a pair of binos and a heliograph (sorry, reflective light emitting data link), borne aloft by a large kite with a very long string tied to the deck, thus giving over the horizon visibility and advanced situational awareness.

Fails Section 2.3
Platform solutions must not be constrained by geographical and/or environmental factors, such as the need to operate in high wind conditions, sea state, latitudes, or fat kunts with Bino's

Please try harder next time.

fails on point 2:
  • are an identical re-submission of a previous bid to DASA or MOD without modification

8817C99D-E158-49D8-BC2F-199F6330EEDF.jpeg

Latest Threads