Look at Life

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Marc063, Jul 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm doing the look at life course on monday 14th Jul, for the Fusiliers. Whats involved in it? E.g Swimming, runs (how long) and other things.

2. By the way its the RRF Look at Life course.
  3. It does exactly what it says on the tin!!
    You will be shown various stands and some team building
    You wil see how the recruits live what they eat and such like
    Then its some PT and assault course. Last couple of days you get to meet some of the Instructors and recruits in various stages of training.
    I can tell you the RRF have got there S**t together.
    Every guy I send comes back full of enthusiasm and wanting to join the RRF. Lots of praise from the guys who go. Not had a negative comment yet.
  4. Thanks.
  5. i have one with the rifles 21st july but it is 4 days not 5 and we are going pirbright instead of catterick at the end the sgt said the good thing is we can get expierience doing the command task for selection and this look at life will go towards your application
  6. Yeh, i initally wanted to join the Rifles, but the RRF is more appealing to me. Good luck anyways.
  7. What ever happened to the Glossy brochures at the careers office ,a 3 day beasting , then a travel warrant that followed .

Good luck guys. , Take it all in , keep your gobs shut , knuckle down and enjoy it . it wont last forever and most important stay safe :D
  8. I did a similar 5 day course with the Duke of Lancasters. It was absolutely top-notch. We did everything from section attacks to weapon stripping, visited the ITC, assault courses and had an inter section competition. Properly run, no BS and the blokes running it were sound as a pound. Channel M filmed it too.
    Well worth going on courses like these if you want a taster before you sign up.