Look at life course

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by liamk1990, Jun 28, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. anyone know if there is any look at life courses running with the signals ATM? I've phoned my recruiting office but my recruiter is on hols & the person i spoke to on the phone said she will find out & ring me back but no word yet. cheers
  2. When did you speak to this person? A week ago, or 10 mins ago.

If you think sufficient time has passed, why not give her a follow up call to jog her memory.
  3. i phoned on Monday & again today but still no answer off her.
  4. Did you ask when your recruiter is back from Holiday? It's good to be keen, but a few extra days waiting won't break the bank.
  5. yeah hes back in on Monday, ill phone on Monday now see if he can help me :) he asked me about one a few weeks ago but at the time i was working 70 hours a week and couldn't get the time off! wish i told my boss to do one and went on it lol
  6. I'll save you the time. Get a really old tent. Put it up. Wait until someone with a red face & a shouty voice comes along & tells you it is in the wrong place. Take down & re-erect a few feet to the side. Repeat until bored. For extra points do it in the dark & rain.

Spend all your time at work staring into a computer/working on electrical stuff. When you knock off spend all your time on your X-box or similar. If dangerously outgoing you might wish to try Dungeopns & Dragons or something similar.

Take your school uniform. Put lots of badges on it. Wait until someone with a red face & a shouty voice comes along & tells you they are in the wrong place. Remove badges and reapply. Repeat until bored. For extra points work out if you must or must not tuck your shirt in or roll your sleeves up.

I think that covers life in the R Signals for the moment :wink:
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Soggy4978

Soggy4978 Old-Salt Book Reviewer

You forgot the bit about drinking brews and smoking tabs. Unless it's changed since I got out.
  8. No time...too busy sending emails, ******* each other around, shagging each others wives and trying to work out what badges go where...
    • Like Like x 1
  9. That's the advanced course along with skiffing unpopular Staff Users' mugs.

This from a Loggie?!? Do you not have a single mother to take off duty and a Fijian beating up his wife to attend to :wink:
  10. Soggy4978

Blimey. **** that for a game of (almost) soldiers
  11. Bollocks! Well reminded Capt P...best get sending more emails!
  12. There are bad bits as well...
  13. so basically like living with my old man but better :') still its the week off work ill be looking forward to, the rest is just my day to day routine
  14. Soggy4978

So, what trade are you hoping for in the Royal Corps?
  15. Any that are left after redundancy, amalgamations and lads signing off.

EW Op is recruiting though!!!!