Longmoore(sp?) camp on google earth...

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by The_Cheat, Feb 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can any one help me find this?

I'm looking for some kind of Sat. photo type stuff of the HLS and the OBUA village around there, but I'm doing this from work so I don't have a map with me. Any one know if they've got a postcode or an easy way to find them?

Thanks

T C

2. It's Longmoor. Try going to Petersfield and up a bit, follow the A3

3. Google earth pics of this are low res (i.e. rubbish), chin up mate.

TB

4. While you're at it can you let me know the condition of the SLA and Officer's Mess.

5. The HLS is a football field - you can get a wokka in it. Don't stress about it.

6. You can decent airphotos of the camp at:

www.flashearth.com

Just type Longmoor into the search box.

7. I meant the LHS thats over by "Smile With Kyle". Also, I've got no flash at work which is good so that other non-google one didn't work. If any one can find the area about 200m S, E and W of the FIBUA Vill (ie the non-Camp sides) and then the area around Kyle going over to the HLS / Big open area by the main road that would be great!

Or even just post the Grid etc so I can try when I get home.

Thanks in advance

T C

PS- What I need more than anything is the FIBUA Vill at a size where the whole village would just fit into an A4 Page, or close as without looking pants. Just so you can see the individual buildings and I could overlay the tunnels on it. If some one could post it in the gallery it would be great!

T C

8. try http://maps.live.com/

here is the FIBUA area... with the Railway and Train visible on the left side of the pic...

Attached Files:

• lg.jpg
      File size:
      89.9 KB
      Views:
  9. Thats what I needed! How did you find that so i can have a look?

T C

10. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Simply go to the link that Ex-Pompadour provided, switch to the 'Microsoft VE Labels' map setup and zoom into the UK. In the bottom right hand corner of the screen, type 'Longmoor'.

It will zoom you straight in to a high-res satellite image of the area you need.

11. Is there a good non-flash version? The one I tried could only find a longmoor up near Birmingham....

or I can just wait till I get home...

T C

12. Sorry to go digging up an old thread, but does any one have any info on the State of the 'SF' camp in the longmoor fibua village?

What (if any) facilities are there? I've seen the sangers, what are they like? How many etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

T C

13. Google earth pics are fine.

Attached Files:

14. Found some great pics thanx. I'm more interested in the small 'SF camp'. Its in the fenced compound East of Baden Powell and South of Warren, sitting west of the un-named 'wiggly' extension of Warren.

Any one been in there? What's it like?

T C

15. does anyone have a picture of the 1.5 route at lichfield marked out