Longlook

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by TJay, Feb 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I'm wanting to apply to go on Longlook. Can anyone let me know what the process is please. :D

2. Simple just apply to your CO get his approval and then the application goes to LL office. Once a reciprocal bid is in for your slot/appointment and providing you are chosen by LL jobs a good one. Apply as early as possible and do not specify Australia or New Zealand. Personally I went to NZ on my Long Look and wouldnt have swapped for love nor money. Good Luck.

3. I would say that you are probably too late for this year.

In my experience, your brigade / div will be given a certain amount of spaces dependant on trade; they will then send this down to units.

Only then, can you volunteer.

4. Brill, thanks for that. Where in NZ was you based. I travelled there last year, did both islands. Did you get much time off to see the place?

5. I will try anyway, I can only get told no. Thanks for your help.

6. If you were asking me I did my time at Linton and then Burnham for a short stay. On the work bit I did 3 weeks training then spent rest of time doing pretty much what I wanted. Not everybody had it this way though as stories from other bods suggested. Still go for it and apply now. They didnt fill some slots from my year and reserve places were given to some. hey you know the maxim got to be in it.......