longest run?

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by stockers, Oct 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hiya, ive yet to do my selection as im still training and have some weight to lose, i just wondered what is the longest distance REME recruits will run in phase 1 training? im just curious so i have something to aim for in my current personel training.

cheers dan
  2. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me, however I'm pretty sure its 6 miles in trainers as a squad. You will build up to this distance though.
  3. I remember the other day I had to run all the way to the cookhouse before it closed, it was not worth it.

That sounds about right Whiskey, 6 or so miles as a squadded run. The hill reps and other nasty things will be the bugger however, not the squadded runs. :)
  4. Thought it was something like that. My CIC was filled with glorious hill-reps and more tabs than you can shake a stick at. I'm sure our friend here will get just as aquainted with them :D .
  5. Don't worry about how far you will have to run, by the time you have to do it you will either breeze through it because you are already fit enough, or you will struggle all the way through it because you have not put in the effort in the build up.

Train hard..........fight easy, only you will know if you are not giving 100%

Good luck

6. Ranges between not that far and even less far. Most you'll do.. about 5 miles probably. 6 mile "CFT"..but that isn't a run