Long time lurker, first time poster

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by CaptK, Aug 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 32, OC of a CCF Army Section. Career wise I work as a hydrographic surveyor in the North Sea.

2. Hope you have a thick skin.....welcome BTW

3. Welcome aboard.

4. Male or female?

5. Countdown started until the 1st post calling him/her a kiddy toucher..............

Oh and Welcome, as to thick skin I suggest armor thicker than a Challenger.

6. Welcome to ARRSE. I hope you have a lovely time - some of the people here are not very nice. I don't like their tone.

• Like Like x 1
  7. That's a useful job to have in a place like that, I'd want to be a driving instructor or something. Well thought out.

• Like Like x 1
  8. A what???? When you say "in" the North Sea do you mean ON the North Sea?

9. Welcome. Make sure you know the dangerous end of the cadet GP. There has been some recent confusion.

10. Oh good a debate topic. Hydrography takes place sub-surface so technically, in the North Sea. Discuss.

11. Welcome, may I cordially invite you for a drinky-poo in the Naafi Bar.
    I like mushrooms, BTW.

12. Hydrographic survey is the science of measurement and description of features which affect maritime navigation, marine construction, dredging, offshore oil exploration/drilling and related activities. Strong emphasis is placed on soundings, shorelines, tides, currents, sea floor and submerged obstructions that relate to the previously mentioned activities. The term Hydrography is sometimes used synonymously to describe Maritime Cartography, which in the final stages of the hydrographic process uses the raw data collected through hydrographic survey into information usable by the end user.

So presumably the OP may be found hanging about on the sea with a theodolite and his mucker 100yds away with a black and white pole ( no upper case "P" so don't start!) getting in the way of passing ships.

13. "CaptK"? "Mark Twain" didn't cross your mind as an apt username?

14. Well done..have a drink on me.

15. I didn't know that, thanks for sharing it