long term shoulder injury- would i fail the medical?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by John_Doe, Dec 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. About six months back I subluxed-partially dislocated- my right shoulder at cadets. The doctors said as long as I took it easy for the next few months it shoouldn't bother me again, and gave me some excercises to do. I recovered fine over the next few months, and I thought that was the end of it, and until yesterday when while doing pull ups it crunched out again. I want to get a commission, but would I fail the AOSB brefing on medical grounds because of this shoulder injury? Apparently it's just gonna keep on popping out unless i get surgery.
    Thanks for reading anyway
  2. 1 of the lads i was in training with got MD'd for a recurring dislocated shoulder

although it was funny one time watching him swing from a rock face screaming when his shoulder popped out :lol:
  3. I dont know if you will fail the AOSB because of it, I just wanted to suggest that you go see a private physio as I am pretty sure they will be able to help. I had a problem with my shoulder, not as bad as yours by the sound of it but a physio helped me alot and now its really strong and sturdy. Havnt had any problems since.

4. I dislocated my shoulder as a lad. but it did not stop becoming a para, I would suggest that you go back and see what they have to say rather than rely on information from here.
  5. i went back 2 seem them n ther guna do an MRI n thn hopefully surgery on the ligaments.
    wow well if u gt into paras evn tho u dislocated it thn i shud b alrite lol cheers