• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

long term shoulder injury- would i fail the medical?

About six months back I subluxed-partially dislocated- my right shoulder at cadets. The doctors said as long as I took it easy for the next few months it shoouldn't bother me again, and gave me some excercises to do. I recovered fine over the next few months, and I thought that was the end of it, and until yesterday when while doing pull ups it crunched out again. I want to get a commission, but would I fail the AOSB brefing on medical grounds because of this shoulder injury? Apparently it's just gonna keep on popping out unless i get surgery.
Thanks for reading anyway

1 of the lads i was in training with got MD'd for a recurring dislocated shoulder

although it was funny one time watching him swing from a rock face screaming when his shoulder popped out :lol:

I dont know if you will fail the AOSB because of it, I just wanted to suggest that you go see a private physio as I am pretty sure they will be able to help. I had a problem with my shoulder, not as bad as yours by the sound of it but a physio helped me alot and now its really strong and sturdy. Havnt had any problems since.

J.

I dislocated my shoulder as a lad. but it did not stop becoming a para, I would suggest that you go back and see what they have to say rather than rely on information from here.

i went back 2 seem them n ther guna do an MRI n thn hopefully surgery on the ligaments.
wow well if u gt into paras evn tho u dislocated it thn i shud b alrite lol cheers

Latest Threads