long term reserve

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by paulie, Jun 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi (my 1st post, hopefully not in the wrong place), having reached the dizzy age of 45 last month i presume that i am technically off the ltr list (i know ,i know) does anyone know on here whether (my ill-fitting kit) along with the documents get re-called
    i will have to prize the kit bag off the rat poo in the old folks loft if it does

love the walt threads btw
  2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

When I was MD'd from my committment they didnt ask for anything back, not that there was anything left apart from my sense of humour!
  3. Paulie.Sell your gear on Evilbay.Mention it has seen "some action" and the SAS in the same sentence.You will not go wrong.
  4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

It's yours to keep mate.

Once you come off the Long Term Reserve they no longer issue that type of kit. 8)
  5. You will find them desperate for DMS boots and puttees; they will hunt you down like a stray dog if you don't return them and remember that all you have to defend yourself with is the spike off the penknife and a button brass.
  6. yeah i agree the kit will be horrendous, just whether they will recall any of the documents (dont wanna get billed for anything)

i might keep the dogs tho .............they would look cool nestling in my grey chest wig ......maybe that could be a new trend
  7. That's me stuffed with a large bill, then! I haven't seen those for years!

8. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

They are also desperate for blue PT shorts and shirts, hairy.
  9. Do they now actually issue you with a letter saying that you are now excused ? I remember my father being quite disappointed when he dropped off the list due to age, but he never heard a dicky bird from the Army saying that it had happened.
  10. I got a letter when I transferred from the regular reserve to the long term. I miss getting my letter every year offering to let me do a tour.
    Especially seeing as it's now that I actually want to do one :(
  11. thats what i wanted to know really ........each year i got a "any details change" letter ..................(obviously they binned the yearly attendance thingy years ago)
    it was a month ago i hit the cut -off age ......

had to have an hgv medical as well .....

basically at 45 your on the heap ......