long term reserve

hi (my 1st post, hopefully not in the wrong place), having reached the dizzy age of 45 last month i presume that i am technically off the ltr list (i know ,i know) does anyone know on here whether (my ill-fitting kit) along with the documents get re-called
i will have to prize the kit bag off the rat poo in the old folks loft if it does

cheers

love the walt threads btw

ugly

LE
When I was MD'd from my committment they didnt ask for anything back, not that there was anything left apart from my sense of humour!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It's yours to keep mate.

Once you come off the Long Term Reserve they no longer issue that type of kit. 8)

You will find them desperate for DMS boots and puttees; they will hunt you down like a stray dog if you don't return them and remember that all you have to defend yourself with is the spike off the penknife and a button brass.

yeah i agree the kit will be horrendous, just whether they will recall any of the documents (dont wanna get billed for anything)

i might keep the dogs tho .............they would look cool nestling in my grey chest wig ......maybe that could be a new trend

Furryturd said:
You will find them desperate for DMS boots and puttees; they will hunt you down like a stray dog if you don't return them and remember that all you have to defend yourself with is the spike off the penknife and a button brass.
That's me stuffed with a large bill, then! I haven't seen those for years!

Litotes

Do they now actually issue you with a letter saying that you are now excused ? I remember my father being quite disappointed when he dropped off the list due to age, but he never heard a dicky bird from the Army saying that it had happened.

I got a letter when I transferred from the regular reserve to the long term. I miss getting my letter every year offering to let me do a tour.
Especially seeing as it's now that I actually want to do one :(

thats what i wanted to know really ........each year i got a "any details change" letter ..................(obviously they binned the yearly attendance thingy years ago)
it was a month ago i hit the cut -off age ......

had to have an hgv medical as well .....

basically at 45 your on the heap ......