Long shot but worth a try

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by flynavy, Jun 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Does anyone have a NSN for an Air conditioning unit or are they just local purchase. Now with the onset of warm weather

    Our office is right on the flight line and we cannot open the windows because it fills the office with noise and fumes. my boss said if i can get a NSN i can demand one.
  2. BuggerAll

    BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

    More likley to get a sensible answer on pPrune.
  3. Depends where you are. If you are in Herrick then your local CIVSEC can do a local purchase for you. If in UK then try through your QM or equivalent. But no - there is no NSN.
  4. 2 ways of getting this...
    1. Civvies in office. If you have civvies in your office then there will be air-con fitted asap as there is a working environment ruling that if it goes above a certain temp then air-con should be fitted. Worked at my last place.
    2. If you have some computer system/server in the office then usually air-con will come as standard. You usual DII terminal doesnt count, something bigger etc. Again, this worked in my old place.
  5. There are ACUs for ops - not for domestic use. If your building is UK and needs it, you need to put it through the Work Services - buildings side of things.