Long Service Advance of Pay (LSAP)

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by bear_wrestler, Apr 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Would be interested to hear thoughts of peoples experiences of the LSAP application process. What are the pitfalls? How long should/does it take? What documentation is required. Any general useful hints would be appreciated.
  2. Doing an article on this are we?
  3. Anyone know if as FTRS can LSAP be claimed as I did hea it mentioned that under JPA if you have done 6 years unbroken service then you can claim it ?

Any ideas?
  4. No. Reserve Forces are not entitled to LSAP.
  5. To quantify;

02.0412. Reserve Forces and Military Provost Guard Service (MPGS). Members of the Reserve Forces and Military Provost Guard Service are not eligible to receive a LSAP.
  6. Just to add to the above posts one of the main reasons for this allowance only being aval to Regs is the repayments being taken from pay source.
  7. I used it back in 2000 or so. It was no drama. The money gets paid to your solicitor and you dont see it. It comes through vey fast though dependant on your admin staff/COs signing etc.. I applied and my solicitor got the money only for the house to fall through and the money had to be returned. I found another and it was OK this time - same form filling out and admin through your unit. You pay back a minimum percentage, 10% i think, and insurance in case you die etc. This comes out of your pay and the rest comes of your gratuity when you finish. I seem to think i got taxed on it as a benefit in kind but it must have been very little as i have no recollection.
  8. Things may have changed since I got out a few years back but in case they haven't make sure you double check the details when you apply.

Because I had once owned a house a few years before I applied I was told that I was not eligible because I had spent some of the small profit to clear my credit card debts and not kept it all to put down as a deposit. Apparantly being completly debt free and just having a mortgage to pay for was not the right way to do things at that time. After 20 mins of stating my case to the civil servant who I had been asked to call to discuss it with I closed the discussion with a restrained "Shove it up your arse you pen pushing cnut".

Yes I am bitter and twisted about it!
  9. You might be getting mixed up with RLE which is available to reserves in certain circumstances?
  10. RLE? not heard of that what is it?