lONG LIVE THE ROYAL GLOUCESTERSHIRE BERKSHIRE AND WILTSHIRE

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by greeny4818, Jan 5, 2005.

?
  1. no

22.2%
  2. yes

66.7%
  3. dunno i aint got a susat

11.1%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. all u who dont use a susat dont even add to the poll only infantry

2. What makes RGBW worth saving any more than any other line regiment facing the chop?

3. Who the **** are they :p

4. RGBW? Never heard of them.
    NEXT!

SK

5. Anyone know if Gary (I'm fooking gorgeous, me) W. is still with them?

Must find him for a beer at some point.

6. Whats a SUSAT?

SK

7. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

A damn good regiment saddled with a w**k name. A great shame they are being chopped, but it was never a happy marriage. The problem with divorcing the DERR and GLOSTERS is that there are 10 years' worth of nigs who are neither - do they go D and D (LI) or PWRR? Can they go to their choice of regt or will there be quotas by rank in each?

8. Nice enough blokes, I remember they took over from 2 RGJ in Gornji Vakuf in 98 and suffered from what seemed to be a few snotty and not particularly good officers. Unfortunatley I always did think post SDR, that if there were going to be regiments chopped in the future they would certainly be in the running.

9. What will happen to the brandywine flash?

10. The same way the dragon went!

11. wow :!: got a new MOD have we? :wink: done your 3 years yet have we?

12. RGBW? I hade some mates who were 1 Glosters before the torys raped the army. What a sad day that was.
    SUSAT? try SUIT sight, A class bag of w@nk

13. Sad day, I agree. Going back a bit but ISTR it was the Tories who restored that fine Regt to Bn status after being reduced by Healey.

14. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

All politicians, regardless of political colour, will sh1t on the armed forces if it suits their needs of the moment. It is merely opportunism for the tories to grandstand about the current cuts, conveniently forgetting their own actions during the 80s and 90s.

15. I met a DERR once,an a couple of Glosters as well
    8)