Votes: 0 0.0%
  • dunno i aint got a susat

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Who the **** are they :p

RGBW? Never heard of them.
NEXT!

SK

Anyone know if Gary (I'm fooking gorgeous, me) W. is still with them?

Must find him for a beer at some point.

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
A damn good regiment saddled with a w**k name. A great shame they are being chopped, but it was never a happy marriage. The problem with divorcing the DERR and GLOSTERS is that there are 10 years' worth of nigs who are neither - do they go D and D (LI) or PWRR? Can they go to their choice of regt or will there be quotas by rank in each?

Nice enough blokes, I remember they took over from 2 RGJ in Gornji Vakuf in 98 and suffered from what seemed to be a few snotty and not particularly good officers. Unfortunatley I always did think post SDR, that if there were going to be regiments chopped in the future they would certainly be in the running.

What will happen to the brandywine flash?

The same way the dragon went!

RGBW? I hade some mates who were 1 Glosters before the torys raped the army. What a sad day that was.
SUSAT? try SUIT sight, A class bag of w@nk

Cpl_ripper said:
RGBW? I hade some mates who were 1 Glosters before the torys raped the army. What a sad day that was.
SUSAT? try SUIT sight, A class bag of w@nk
Sad day, I agree. Going back a bit but ISTR it was the Tories who restored that fine Regt to Bn status after being reduced by Healey.

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
All politicians, regardless of political colour, will sh1t on the armed forces if it suits their needs of the moment. It is merely opportunism for the tories to grandstand about the current cuts, conveniently forgetting their own actions during the 80s and 90s.

You can laugh now.............until the nest round of defence cut backs :p

The RGBW is unfortunately well and truly dead after the changes happen. Does anyone know what is happening with regards to the backbadge?

Go Glorious Glosters, fighting back to back...

Although The Black Watch was the regiment constantly in the forefront of publicity over the expected changes, General Jackson said one of the most difficult decisions was over the future of The Royal Gloucestershire, Berkshire and Wiltshire Regiment. It is a relatively new regiment but with legendary ancestors, notably the 1st Battalion The Gloucestershire Regiment, which suffered 629 casualties during the battle at Imjin River in the Korean War in the 1950s.

The RGBW, as it is called, is now to be split up, with the Gloster element being transferred to the Devonshire and Dorset Regiment, and the Berkshire and Wiltshire components being switched to The Princess of Wales’s Royal Regiment. In addition, the newly amalgamated Devon, Dorset and Gloucestershire Regiment will be shipped over to join the Light Division, which consists now of two battalions of Light Infantry and two battalions of The Royal Green Jackets.

take from the times newspaper. Want to read more?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1406373,00.html

greeny4818 said:
all u who dont use a susat dont even add to the poll only infantry
And as for the above comment. I am RLC and even I have a SUSAT on my personal weapon.

army_of_1 said:
The RGBW is unfortunately well and truly dead after the changes happen. Does anyone know what is happening with regards to the backbadge?

Go Glorious Glosters, fighting back to back...
Sorry Scally, I think you misread. Top marks for giving probably one of the best outlines of the RGBW I have read in some time though.